Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Fri May 09, 2008 10:18 am

RB Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
50%
RB Kevin Smith, Detroit Lions
18%
RB Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans
26%
QB Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
3%
WR Devin Thomas, Washington Redskins
3%
Other (PLEASE DISCUSS!)
No votes

Total votes : 34

Postby The Lung » Sun May 04, 2008 10:18 am

Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts this year? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 5 or 6 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2008. Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. The discussion of these players and their situations is most important part of these polls. If you vote "other" please discuss the player after you vote. (And I'll add him to the next poll if he doesn't win as a write-in)

#1: RB Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
#2: RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
#3: RB Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers
#4: RB Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys

(Also, for comparison sake, Cafe members voted on the top 12 rookie dynasty picks back in February and March, the results of which can be viewed here)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby The Lung » Sun May 04, 2008 10:22 am

I voted Forte, if only because Cedric Benson getting busted for BUI should help Forte's cause. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:24 am

Chris Johnson

The guy will be a great compliment to White. They will use him exactly how USC used Bush with White. I see an MJD/Taylor like split and Johnson is a playmaker that will make it happen.

I like him over Forte for the reasons I stated in the past two discussions
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:28 am

My choice is Chris Johnson. I think he can become a versatile threat for the Titans and should get plenty of touches in both the running and passing game. The Titans have a good O-Line and they should be creative in how they get him the football.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun May 04, 2008 11:31 am

I like Kevin Smith here. Not only will he have the most immediate value out of almost any of the rookies because of the lack of competition, Detroits zone blocking 1 cut system is the exact same system he used at UCF so he will have an easy time adjusting. He has proven he can be the guy and carry the ball 30 times a game and while he played against somewhat weak competition, he did play well against some big schools when UCF played them. All the other guys left here besides Forte are probably going to be RBBC for quite a while. I don't think Chris Johnson will ever be a RB who gets more then 15 carries a game.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun May 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Voted Forte because of the recent news but I also think Kevin Smith in Detroit will have a shot at winning the starting job. Only problem is Detroit's Oline.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby killiansjmd » Sun May 04, 2008 3:47 pm

I personally like Forte the best out of this bunch but my vote is for Chris Johnson. I think the Bears have some O-line issues heading into this season again and so do the Lions. Johnson will be a perfect match with White in the Titans offense. I think he's going to get plenty of touches both in the rushing and receiving games.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Sun May 04, 2008 4:35 pm

I went Forte as well. He is clearly in the lead to be the starter in Chicago now with Benson's arrest. I think Johnson is talented, but I don't see him getting many TDs with LenWhale there.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby dream_017 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:05 pm

I think at this point it starts to turn into personal needs. If you are sitting at 5 or after, you start to look at your roster and take the top RB/WR/QB, depending on your depth. :-/ I know this is stated in the rules, so I will still play along and go with CJ3 :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:17 pm

dream_017 wrote:I think at this point it starts to turn into personal needs. If you are sitting at 5 or after, you start to look at your roster and take the top RB/WR/QB, depending on your depth. :-/ I know this is stated in the rules, so I will still play along and go with CJ3 :-b

Thats awesome. i never thought about that :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk