Looking to Start a 8 Team Redraft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Looking to Start a 8 Team Redraft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking to Start a 8 Team Redraft

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:42 am

Hey guys. I am looking to start a 8 team pretty much standard yahoo scoring redraft league (head to head). I've played for 2 years now and want to get a little more involved. If i get enough interest on here and decide to start a league it will be a no money, online, strictly for fun league. My other team is a money league and this one will just to meet some people, grab some more experience and just have a good time.

If you are interested in joining a yahoo league leave a post and i will get back to you. I have 2-3 buddies that might be interested. just testing the waters out there, no guarentee i'm going to do this, so leave a post if your interested.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking to Start a 8 Team Redraft

Postby redfox33 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:29 am

Hi, i would be interested to join at startup as i believe 3 of the 4 leagues i was in last year have just stopped with nobody replying. you can also send message to redfoxx36@hotmail.com as i only check this site every other day right now.(mainly because the other teams are not active) Thanks, John
redfox33
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby ken3 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:43 am

I would be very interested to join your league!!! Shoot me a PM and let me know!!!!
ken3
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby padrino990_200 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:41 pm

ok thanks for those who responded. still looking for 3-4 more people.

those of you who have responded/will respond i will message you all when i get a few more people in the mix and it looks like its going to happen. any other questions post away.

thanks
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Smipims » Thu May 15, 2008 10:39 am

Sign me up. I'm not big on 8-man leagues, but every pub league I've joined has had about half the teams quit midway through and all the cafe leagues have been great.

Send me a PM when you have time ;-D
Watch me crank dat robocop.
Smipims
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DTownDave22 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:55 pm

I am interested in getting back into fantasy football. I didn't participate last year, but drafts and the season are always fun. I actually would not mind trying out an auction system draft but that's almost too time consuming but is possibly the most fair way to do a draft. The downside to a live draft is getting everyone together on the same date and time.
DTownDave22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby padrino990_200 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:14 am

alright guys, sorry for not getting back to you. so i have 3-4 on here, myself, and 1-2 others. so i am still looking for a few more. its still early so theres plenty of time. this is the first time i have run a league, and i am going to model it after one of the others i have played in.

the main thing for me is the draft. i know a live draft is almost impossible, but if we could work that out that would be the best in my eyes. also we could always do the draft on here or on yahoo, i mean i've done one where it took the whole month of august. i'm open to any suggestions. i myself am not a huge fan of auctions, i like the whole chance thing and the possibility of trading picks and such, so it will not be an auction. any other suggestions for the draft please leave your two cents.

sorry i havent been answering you guys but i have been getting ready for a vacation and with work its been hectic. i am going to write up the rules on the plane and will have them posted when i get back in 2 weeks.

like i said, still looking for 2-3 more people so leave a message if interested. and as always leave any feedback about any rules, scoring rules, or draft ideas you may have.

Thanks again
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby redfox33 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:20 am

late sunday afternoon /sun night was always a good time but i am open to slow 12 hr type or what ever. yews we have lots of time and have a good vacation, don't spend it all on football.
redfox33
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby padrino990_200 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:28 am

thats why i was thinking 8 man, it would be easier to get everyone together. i was also thinking maybe splitting it up over 2-3 days or something. i mean say 2-3 nights one week or maybe 2 sundays in a row we go on and do half and half. i'm sure we will be able to work it out.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ken3 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:19 pm

If you want a live draft you could have the league on yahoo or fleaflicker.com. They have pretty good live drafts.
ken3
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Classifieds