Who is the #6 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #6 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Sun May 11, 2008 11:04 am

RB Kevin Smith, Detroit Lions
61%
RB Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans
30%
RB Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
No votes
QB Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
6%
WR Devin Thomas, Washington Redskins
3%
Other (PLEASE DISCUSS!)
No votes

Total votes : 33

Postby The Lung » Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 am

Who is the #6 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts this year? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 5 or 6 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2008. Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc. and that the league settings make each position roughly of equal value (e.g. no two QB leagues or those designed to greatly favor QBs...)

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. The discussion of these players and their situations is most important part of these polls. If you vote "other" please discuss the player after you vote. (And I'll add him to the next poll if he doesn't win as a write-in)

Previous consensus votes:

#1: RB Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
#2: RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
#3: RB Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers
#4: RB Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys
#5: RB Matt Forte, Chicago Bears

(Also, for comparison sake, Cafe members voted on the top 12 rookie dynasty picks back in February and March, the results of which can be viewed here)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #6 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby RiffRaff » Wed May 07, 2008 11:17 am

Kevin Smith vs. Tatum Bell. I'd take the risk with Smith. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 07, 2008 11:19 am

I would take Smith here because I like him over Forte who I would take next in the list, but since Johnson is still here I voted for Chris Johnson because I would have taken him at 5
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Wed May 07, 2008 1:01 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I would take Smith here because I like him over Forte who I would take next in the list, but since Johnson is still here I voted for Chris Johnson because I would have taken him at 5

:-? :-? :-?

:-b

I like Kevin Smith's potential, especially given that he is the best back on the roster right now.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 07, 2008 2:58 pm

mikus wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I would take Smith here because I like him over Forte who I would take next in the list, but since Johnson is still here I voted for Chris Johnson because I would have taken him at 5

I like Kevin Smith's potential, especially given that he is the best back on the roster right now.

What are you laughing at? :-? The fact that I think Johnson and Smith are better than Forte? I am not alone. Mayock had CJ and Smith both ahead of Forte, Scott Wright had Johnson over Forte and Smith a little behind Forte, and Chris Landry also like Johnson and Smith over Forte. Those are three pretty intelligent football guys that agree with me on Johnson and two on Smith. I like my company.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed May 07, 2008 3:01 pm

I think he's just laughing because your first post was confusing as hell! :-S :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Humpback » Wed May 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Interesting- Johnson received more votes for #5 RB than Smith, but Smith leads so far for #6. Still early though...

I take Smith here. I actually like Johnson a little better if we're talking NFL team, but I can't see him scoring many TDs with White in the mix, which hurts his FF value. Smith will be given every opportunity to be the guy, all he has to do is beat out T. Bell at this point. He should be the short yardage RB at the very least over Bell.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Metroid wrote:I think he's just laughing because your first post was confusing as hell! :-S :-b

:-b My Bad

What I was saying is that I chose Johnson because he is still an option. I rank them Johnson, Smith, Forte
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I vote for Chris Johnson as the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed May 07, 2008 4:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
mikus wrote:

What are you laughing at? :-? The fact that I think Johnson and Smith are better than Forte? I am not alone. Mayock had CJ and Smith both ahead of Forte, Scott Wright had Johnson over Forte and Smith a little behind Forte, and Chris Landry also like Johnson and Smith over Forte. Those are three pretty intelligent football guys that agree with me on Johnson and two on Smith. I like my company.

I think alot of Football guys like Those guys over Forte. But Fantasy wise I'd have to take them in the order they seem to be going. I like Forte and Smith to be able to take the starting job from the guys already there. Johnson is going to have a tough time getting goalline carries even if he somehow manages to get 15-2o carries a game which I don't think he'll come close to. Forte is a big strong guy who will be able to handle the goaline with the fulltime gig. Kevin Smith is better than Bell and Bell isn't a goalline guy either so he wont have that to worry about.

NFL Draft I'd take Johnson. Fantasy I'd take them Forte, Smith then Johnson.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk