Prizes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Prizes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Prizes

Postby SLAMLLC » Thu May 08, 2008 1:30 pm

What do you guys have for prizes in your leagues? Do you strickly use cash? Do you give out trophy's? Maybe a ring for the champ? Something totally different?

We have a good sized trophy with a cup on top. On the base it has spots where the champions name and team name along with the year gets engraved. Each year a new plaque is added. The cup is "loaned" to the champion each year. The cup is returned to the commisioner at the draft of each new season. The Champ also gets a plaque he can keep, along with prize money.

What do you guys have?
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Prizes

Postby LJ_Rocks_KC » Thu May 08, 2008 1:50 pm

We have a large Sears trophy replica that my buddy made. We have a plate on the back where I can unscrew it and get the new winner's name and team name engraved. After the new champion is crowned, I meet them and get a picture of them and the trophy and we use that as our League Logo every year. That way everytime someone logs in, they are reminded who the champ is...unfortunately its not me this year. I just take the $8 it costs for the engraving out of the winners prize. We pay out the top 3 places with the 3rd place team just getting their money back.
LJ_Rocks_KC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dream_017 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Currently we just have money, but I am working on getting us a trophy ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby spodog » Sun May 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Each year, our league champion receives the following list of prizes:

> The 1st place $
> Name Engraved on a plate on the traveling trophy
> A take home trophy
> Bragging Rights
> They get to determine the music for the following years draft
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SLAMLLC » Mon May 12, 2008 12:32 pm

Nice... Gets to choose the music. A little mind game kind of thing going on...
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chk57 » Mon May 12, 2008 4:02 pm

SLAMLLC wrote:Nice... Gets to choose the music. A little mind game kind of thing going on...

HA...I like that too.

We have money and a trophy...no engraving really, just the league name and "2007 chamption" (or 2008 this year). I also have a weekly $20 prize for the high points scorer of the week.

Top 3 places, 3rd getting money back.
chk57
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon May 12, 2008 4:03 pm

We have money and a traveling trophy, and all division winners get their divisions named after them.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Tue May 13, 2008 3:03 pm

SLAMLLC wrote:Nice... Gets to choose the music. A little mind game kind of thing going on...

seems to work fine most years. A few years ago my buddy whose family is from India won this league and we listened to Rap in Hindi for several hours.

That was rough.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PitbullTD » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:12 pm

spodog wrote:

seems to work fine most years. A few years ago my buddy whose family is from India won this league and we listened to Rap in Hindi for several hours.

That was rough.

now thats funny
PitbullTD
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LegendoftheFall » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:56 am

we have the usual cash payouts- for 1st place and a little less for 2nd but also payouts for highest points of the year and best record during the regular season. also a small amount for the highest score each week. this spreads the prize money around and keeps owners interested for the full year even if their team gets off to a rough start. Superbowl champ gets the trophy for a year and gets to engrave his name on it and display it at his home or office.

This is a 10 team league. 8 teams make playoffs. the 2 teams that dont make playoffs have to bring the food for the following year's draft. the 2 nonplayoff teams play each other and the winner gets first draft choice the following year. this is to prevent teams from losing on purpose to get better draft position. keeps it interesting until the end.
LegendoftheFall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner