Prizes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Prizes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Prizes

Postby kingfisch » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:47 pm

In our league we do a Beer Mug that is engraved with the year and team name. This works perfect for that end of year party when the champ recieves it in front of everyone and then drinks beer out of the mug all night. We usually try to really get them messed up for winning, that thing is never empty... Its fun!
kingfisch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nick1850 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 pm

cash for 1st place super bowl champ, cash 2nd place super bowl loser, cash for 3rd place team with most season points that does not make the super bowl. cash is king!!
nick1850
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 am

Cash for first and second. Weekly cash prize for top score each week which keeps everyone in the game all season long. I like the beer mug idea, though.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby tpflanz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:17 pm

In one of m leagues we made a mock trophy using a silver spray painted nerf football atop a stand paper towel holder. It was fun and funny while the league was composed of only our group of friends, now the league has co-workers and internet owners as well... I don't even know where the "trophy" is now.

Honestly, I could care less about a "real" trophy or "ring." I would rather have the extra cash.
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:14 pm

i was in a 20 team baseball league last year where everybody had to donate something to teh prize fund at teh beginning of teh season, and then it all was dished out afterwarsd to teh top 3 guys. it was baseball so keep taht in mind. examples were....box of baseball cards, rookie card from someone on your team, comic books, a pro hat, a jersey, gift cards to where the guy worked(im pretty sure he stole them somehow), and a few other random things i cant remember

it was pretty cool, different than just getting cash for winning
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby spodog » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:03 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i was in a 20 team baseball league last year where everybody had to donate something to teh prize fund at teh beginning of teh season, and then it all was dished out afterwarsd to teh top 3 guys. it was baseball so keep taht in mind. examples were....box of baseball cards, rookie card from someone on your team, comic books, a pro hat, a jersey, gift cards to where the guy worked(im pretty sure he stole them somehow), and a few other random things i cant remember

it was pretty cool, different than just getting cash for winning

You may want to spray some WD-40 on the H key on your keyboard.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner