B. Jacobs backup? Ward or Bradshaw? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

B. Jacobs backup? Ward or Bradshaw?

Moderator: Football Moderators

B. Jacobs backup? Ward or Bradshaw?

Postby MrTwo94 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:23 pm

I don't think anyone expects 16 games or 300 carries out of him. Both of his backups have looked good in the chances they've gotten. Which one will get the first call when he goes down?

In my opinion, this is one of the best cases to draft a backup. The running game is solid here and the starting back is injury prone. Could really help your team out along the stretch.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: B. Jacobs backup? Ward or Bradshaw?

Postby logan » Thu May 08, 2008 5:30 pm

if jacobs goes down i think both ward and bradshaw will most likely both be in the mix like early on last year with ward and droughns.not really sure though at this point which one i would rather have as a potential handcuff.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Humpback » Thu May 08, 2008 5:54 pm

If it's a dynasty/keeper, I'd go with Bradshaw easily. Jacobs is in the final year of his contract, and I believe Ward signed a 1 yr. deal as well, so Bradshaw could very well be the starter soon. For '08, I think Ward would get slightly more carries than Bradshaw if Jacobs went down (assuming Ward can stay healthy himself).
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Humpback wrote:If it's a dynasty/keeper, I'd go with Bradshaw easily. Jacobs is in the final year of his contract, and I believe Ward signed a 1 yr. deal as well, so Bradshaw could very well be the starter soon. For '08, I think Ward would get slightly more carries than Bradshaw if Jacobs went down (assuming Ward can stay healthy himself).

I agree with this. Bradshaw is a talented back. I liked him when he was at Marshall, he just didn't get any pub. He is a solid back
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Thu May 08, 2008 6:40 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 33.33/33.33/33.33% split. Keep all RBs healthy and fresh through the entire year. If i was forced to choose between the 3 in a fantasy draft, i'd go with Jacobs, but a 3-way split isn't completely out of question. All 3 have proven good runners behind a great Oline.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Thu May 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Leaning Bradshaw because of the way he ended last season and b/c he is a good complement to Jacobs.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby ivesaidway2much » Thu May 08, 2008 7:31 pm

There's no way to tell right now. I think in terms of pure running skill Bradshaw is the better back, but it's not by a huge margin. Also the Giants OL run blocking is excellent, which further marginalizes the difference. And the main reason that practically every back on the Giants' roster had to get injured before Bradshaw saw any action is because he's not that great at picking up the blitz. His playing time next season will more than likely be tied to how much he improves in that area than anything else.

But if I had to guess, I'd go with Bradshaw. Especially since Ward is the most injury prone of the 3.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 10, 2008 11:18 am

Bradshaw definitely needs to improve as a pass blocker. He's not as good Jacobs but he didn't seem to be a liability either. Coughlin has excelled in developing the fundamental aspects of a player's game so I would expect improvement in that area. The fumble also had a lot to do with Bradshaw's playing time early on. It's anyone's guess at this point but I fully expect Jacobs and Bradshaw to "split" the load. I think Jacobs will be the starter in name but Bradshaw will end up accumulating the most carries barring injury. It's difficult to project how Ward will fit into this offense unless there's an injury and based on what we saw last year I can't imagine Ward seeing more playing time than Bradshaw.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat May 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Munboy wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 33.33/33.33/33.33% split. Keep all RBs healthy and fresh through the entire year. If i was forced to choose between the 3 in a fantasy draft, i'd go with Jacobs, but a 3-way split isn't completely out of question. All 3 have proven good runners behind a great Oline.

Can someone call a Hampster to eat this post before some OC gets hold of the idea.
I think Bradshaw would have to get the nod based on Ward's injury history and Bradshaw's finish to the season. When they needed it most, he was there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Munboy » Sun May 11, 2008 12:18 am

moochman wrote:
Munboy wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 33.33/33.33/33.33% split. Keep all RBs healthy and fresh through the entire year. If i was forced to choose between the 3 in a fantasy draft, i'd go with Jacobs, but a 3-way split isn't completely out of question. All 3 have proven good runners behind a great Oline.

Can someone call a Hampster to eat this post before some OC gets hold of the idea.
I think Bradshaw would have to get the nod based on Ward's injury history and Bradshaw's finish to the season. When they needed it most, he was there.

My posts are sure to give Hampster explosive Diarrhea so it should stay far far away. :-B

Let's not forget Droughns. He's in the mix!! And UGA washout (and supposed second coming of Walker) Danny Ware!! I'm sure they'll give Ward and Bradshaw run for their money. ;-7
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk