lorenzo booker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

lorenzo booker

Moderator: Football Moderators

lorenzo booker

Postby sublimeandy » Thu May 08, 2008 9:25 pm

so who thinks that lorenzo booker can make an impact this year? from what i've read about their first training camp it looks like the eagles are seriously trying to work him(and desean jackson) in. morningweg has said that they want to limit westbrook, which would be a very smart thing to do. i could see booker usurping buckhalter and getting 5-10 touches and a couple catches a game. the eagles want rb's who can run and catch, booker can do both. i think he will definitely be the handcuff for westbrook at the least.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: lorenzo booker

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:42 pm

i was fairly high on booker last season. its really hard to tell at this point since we havent seen that much of him at the nfl level, but he has looked fairly good in the small sample. a part of me is concerned with the eagles situation. it just seems way too crowded. even with westy getting "limited" touches he will still get the lions share, and as much as i always doubt buckhalter..he always seems to do fairly well. add to that the fact that one of bookers strongsuits...his pass catching ability....is also one of westbrooks trademarks...it just makes me feel uneasy. i honestly think the only way he gets significant touches is if either westy or buck get hurt, and in that scenario i think he would do fairly well. i do think he is a solid pickup in a dynasty league though as the guys in front of him are on the backsides of their careers.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:48 am

Booker set as heir apparent to Westbrook?

TheHazean.com wrote:Reports out of Philly suggest that the Eagles are grooming Booker to become Westbrook’s stand-in this season. He has the same shiftiness as Westy, and only time will tell if the play-making ability also is shared. As it stands right now, Booker is slated to unseat the talented but oft-injured Correll Buckhalter as Westy’s primary backup.

Booker, at 5-foot-10 and 190 pounds, is made in the right mold to be the next Westbrook. The coaching staff in Philly is hoping he can step right in for Westbrook without the offense missing a beat — that is, do the same things on offense that Westy does.

Full story

I am starting to buy into it a little bit, but I think training camp will tell the story. If he does stand out, which I think he will, he will be a must-own for all Westbrook owners this season.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby iamgregg » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Worth a pick for a Westbrook handcuff and dynasty leagues.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eagles21 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:29 pm

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ ... y_id=15734
Lorenzo Booker could be the "training camp darling" of 2008 up to this point. The second-year running back out of Florida State broke a 60-yard run off a reverse play during Monday morning's practice. Segrest said that Booker has made a similar impression in the return game.

con't...

Looks as if Booker might start at kick returner, while Desean will take care of punts. Aside from the return game, I can't wait to see Lorenzo on the field this season. He seems to be quite impressive at camp, and I wouldn't doubt seeing him make an impact on the offense this season. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Yeah, I am becoming more and more convinced that this guy is going to be an explosive player for the Eagles this year. Sounds like he likely will be Westbrook's primary backup as well, definitely worth drafting as a handcuff for Westy owners and even others looking to snipe the handcuff from Westy owners.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 pm

I think people need to temper their expectations...He is a tiny guy at 5'10 190, it's not like they will be looking forward to him having the same load as Westbrook has, he is a playmaker but will more then likely be involved in a RBBC, I doubt he gets many chances to carry the ball 15-20 times a game...I like him as a change of pace back, and he will have some use, but I'm not buying the hype just yet and ready to annoint him "heir-apparent" in training camp, thats going a little too far at this point in time.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 pm

he is/will be the handcuff for westbrook this year. he might be the future rb of the eagles. he's probably going to hve to put on a couple pounds though.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:15 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I think people need to temper their expectations...He is a tiny guy at 5'10 190, it's not like they will be looking forward to him having the same load as Westbrook has, he is a playmaker but will more then likely be involved in a RBBC, I doubt he gets many chances to carry the ball 15-20 times a game....

to be fair, westbrook is the same height and only has ten pounds on booker. booker is young enough that he should be able to pack a little weight on if need be.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 am

I was quite happy to see the Fins traded Booker. If Westbrook gets hurt you won't be seeing Booker in there on 1st and 2nd downs. I don't know if it would be Moats or Hunt or who but it won't be Booker. Buckhalter maybe if he could ever stay healthy. 3rd downs or obvious passing plays he would see time but you sure don't want him running between the tackles more then once or twice in a game.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk