Packers release K. Robinson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Packers release K. Robinson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Packers release K. Robinson

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 pm

Associated press wrote:Packers cut ties with veteran receiver Robinson

The Green Bay Packers released Koren Robinson on Friday, the latest setback for the veteran wide receiver trying to resurrect his career after serving an NFL suspension and jail time.

However, it appears Robinson may not be out of work for long. The Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs are interested in signing Robinson, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Not long after Green Bay signed the 6-foot-2, 205-pound Robinson in 2006, the league suspended him for a year for alcohol-related problems.

He sought treatment that included attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and taking a drug that would make him sick if he drank alcohol again.

When he was reinstated to the league he appeared to have put his troubles behind him. Teammates said they were impressed by his work ethic and his obvious efforts to stay clean.

The 28-year-old Robinson also won the support of Brett Favre, who has acknowledged his own history of substance abuse. In a public plea to league officials on behalf of Robinson in 2007, Favre suggested Robinson's comeback could help the league move past the negative publicity from other players' legal problems.

"I think he's done everything he's been asked to do, and it's time to set a good example -- that you can resurrect not only your career, but your life," Favre said at that time.

The Packers gave him an opportunity, and he responded with 21 catches for 241 yards and one touchdown in nine games last season. He was also second on the team with 25 kickoff returns for 596 yards.

Robinson previously played four seasons with the Seattle Seahawks and one with the Minnesota Vikings.

He was suspended four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy in 2004 and pleaded guilty to driving under the influence in 2005. He also led police on an alcohol-fueled high-speed car chase in Minnesota in 2006, which resulted in jail time and prompted the Vikings to cut him.

Messages left on Robinson's cell phone and with his agent, Alvin Keels, were not immediately returned.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

i think the raiders would be a good fit...and i think he could be a decent pickup for a team that has no real talent at WR. he has stayed out of trouble since rehab, so maybe he has finally cleaned his act up....
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Packers release K. Robinson

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Time for the CFL.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Guru13 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:59 am

I actually think the guy could make an impact somewhere, he's quite talented (or was at one point) and has cleaned up his act, or so it seems. The Pack is very deep at WR so he didn't get every opportunity to play last year, as he was playing behind Driver, Jennings, and Jones. They're probably just clearing up some room, god knows we've got a boatload of wideouts.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby biju » Sat May 10, 2008 1:33 pm

While I seriously doubt this would happen, we could certainly use him back in Seattle. With Branch out and Engram suddenly noticing he has a little leverage and holding out of voluntary OTAs it would at least bring veteran presence and possibly put a little pressure on out veterans to step it up.

But really the Seahawks should pay Bobby a little bit more. They did catch 97 passes last season after all. At the same time, let's not pull an "Alexander" and sign him to 6 years for $32 billion either. Maybe an extra $1M in incentives or something to at least show him he's valued.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Sat May 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Idiot Lions could use him to return kicks...which means they won't spend a second looking into it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Pjluva10 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:04 am

biju wrote:While I seriously doubt this would happen, we could certainly use him back in Seattle. With Branch out and Engram suddenly noticing he has a little leverage and holding out of voluntary OTAs it would at least bring veteran presence and possibly put a little pressure on out veterans to step it up.

But really the Seahawks should pay Bobby a little bit more. They did catch 97 passes last season after all. At the same time, let's not pull an "Alexander" and sign him to 6 years for $32 billion either. Maybe an extra $1M in incentives or something to at least show him he's valued.

That was my first reaction also but you and I both know that wont happen. I dont see Ruskell and Holgrem secondguessing themselves. Lord knows we may need the help though.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:45 pm

I'm not sure why, but the phrase "again?" comes to mind.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon May 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Pjluva10 wrote:
biju wrote:While I seriously doubt this would happen, we could certainly use him back in Seattle. With Branch out and Engram suddenly noticing he has a little leverage and holding out of voluntary OTAs it would at least bring veteran presence and possibly put a little pressure on out veterans to step it up.

That was my first reaction also but you and I both know that wont happen. I dont see Ruskell and Holgrem secondguessing themselves. Lord knows we may need the help though.

Yeah... it's not their style. Get rid of a problem child once and don't look back.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk