Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby WebHamster » Mon May 12, 2008 11:26 pm

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings", which were posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by Joel Wilbourn on May 12, 2008. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Looks good - thanks for doing this man ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 13, 2008 6:01 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Looks good - thanks for doing this man ;-D

No problem. I am glad to do it. Hopefully we can get some good discussion in here. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue May 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Sweet rankings. These are cool.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Stewart > McFadden

B-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue May 13, 2008 6:33 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Stewart > McFadden

B-)

word. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby GridIronGiant » Tue May 27, 2008 11:51 am

Metroid wrote:

B-)

Right, and Brandon Jackson>Adrian Peterson

Any list of running backs from this class that doesn't feature McFadden at #1 is just silly.
GridIronGiant
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby treat24 » Tue May 27, 2008 11:58 am

GridIronGiant wrote:
Metroid wrote:

B-)

Right, and Brandon Jackson>Adrian Peterson

Any list of running backs from this class that doesn't feature McFadden at #1 is just silly.

Is that a joke?

I'm fine with people having McFadden 1st, I disagree, but I'm ok with it. Saying that not having McFadden #1 is silly... is... well... silly. Those three backs are in very different situations and decently close talent wise IMO. I personally rank them Stewart, then Mendenhall, then McFadden.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby GridIronGiant » Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 pm

treat24 wrote:
Is that a joke?

I'm fine with people having McFadden 1st, I disagree, but I'm ok with it. Saying that not having McFadden #1 is silly... is... well... silly. Those three backs are in very different situations and decently close talent wise IMO. I personally rank them Stewart, then Mendenhall, then McFadden.

Their situations this year have little to do with their long term dynasty values - most people expected Lynch to outperform Peterson last year because he was in the better fantasy situation, but the abilities of Peterson made it quickly apparent which back was the stud. McFadden is head and shoulders above the other RB's in this draft class in both potential and ability.
GridIronGiant
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby treat24 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:32 pm

GridIronGiant wrote:
treat24 wrote:
Is that a joke?

Their situations this year have little to do with their long term dynasty values - most people expected Lynch to outperform Peterson last year because he was in the better fantasy situation, but the abilities of Peterson made it quickly apparent which back was the stud. McFadden is head and shoulders above the other RB's in this draft class in both potential and ability.

That's just flat out not true. He is not heads and shoulders above the rest. I was not one who thought Lynch would outperform AD. Most of the people arguing in this thread saying Stewart is better, deeray, me, etc... all said ADP was a special talent and better than Lynch last year. In fact, at the start of the season before AD broke off I made a post "Adrian Peterson is the best RB in the NFL." McTinyChickenLegs is not the back that Stewart and Mendenhall are.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to Article Discussions