Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Article Discussions

Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Re: Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby GridIronGiant » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:22 pm

The Lung wrote:Huh? Because the guy got hit point blank by Ray Lewis and suffered an injury it's a bad pick? When these are DYNASTY RANKINGS we are talking about, not what happens in the year 2008?

Judging rookie running backs in the dynasty format after 4 weeks for only the 2008 season is why you fail. After the 2011 season, then you maybe you can see who was right and who was wrong. And when Mendenhall makes the Pro Bowl someday, we'll be sure to rub your face in it. ;-D

Wow, scathing comeback. But pointless.

By 2011 this site will be long gone because of stupid articles like this one and Mendenhall will be that first round bust who had so much promise. The guy couldn't even handle a preseason NFL game, shoulda figured he'd get KO'd for the season during his first start.

As someone in this thread argued against me, it's taking a football and running with it, not rocket science. Well choosing a guy with a tiny track record and saying he's a better investment than McFadden was a big time FAIL.
GridIronGiant
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 12
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:08 pm

GridIronGiant wrote:
The Lung wrote:Huh? Because the guy got hit point blank by Ray Lewis and suffered an injury it's a bad pick? When these are DYNASTY RANKINGS we are talking about, not what happens in the year 2008?

Judging rookie running backs in the dynasty format after 4 weeks for only the 2008 season is why you fail. After the 2011 season, then you maybe you can see who was right and who was wrong. And when Mendenhall makes the Pro Bowl someday, we'll be sure to rub your face in it. ;-D

Wow, scathing comeback. But pointless.

By 2011 this site will be long gone because of stupid articles like this one and Mendenhall will be that first round bust who had so much promise. The guy couldn't even handle a preseason NFL game, shoulda figured he'd get KO'd for the season during his first start.

As someone in this thread argued against me, it's taking a football and running with it, not rocket science. Well choosing a guy with a tiny track record and saying he's a better investment than McFadden was a big time FAIL.


Why not write up an article yourself where you lay out your argument with a well thought out analysis and argument? That could help this site stay up because we wouldn't have stupid articles. Also, you could inform all the dummies here.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:41 pm

GridIronGiant wrote:shoulda figured he'd get KO'd for the season during his first start.


You can predict season ending injuries? 8-o

Why are you posting here instead of getting rich for giving those predictions? I'm sure people would pay top dollar for that kind of ability. ;-D

Oh, and if it was that easy to predict, why didn't you say so before it happened? :-b

GridIronGiant wrote:By 2011 this site will be long gone


I apologize for this one, but that's just too funny. :-b There are tons of fly-by-night sites out there, but we're not one of them. :-b
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:39 pm

With 5+ years already and more traffic now than ever, what makes you think this article will be the end of the site? :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby GridIronGiant » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:56 am

The Lung wrote:
GridIronGiant wrote:Right, and Brandon Jackson>Adrian Peterson

Any list of running backs from this class that doesn't feature McFadden at #1 is just silly.


If you want cookie cutter rankings, try some other website.

The fantasy football experts here at the Cafe have done their homework. They know football. Does Darren McFadden have elite speed? Absolutely. But he lacks a lot of traits typical of other successful NFL RBs, and unless he corrects some serious deficiencies and severely alters his running style, the odds are stacked against him.

Specifically, McFadden:
  • falls backward when making direct contact against first and second level defenders because he runs with poor leverage
  • has a tendency for his legs to go dead upon the initial wrap-up
  • lacks the ability to change direction with a hard plant and cut
  • is impatient with his blockers
  • does not have good hands and drops easy screen passes
  • fails to protect the ball and fumbles.
  • has character issues that could get himself in trouble some day

Don't fall into the trap of comparing McFadden to Adrian Peterson - other than world class speed, they are miles apart. Peterson simply has the vision, incredible balance, power, and burning speed typical of elite NFL running backs. McFadden will quickly learn that his speed isn’t as much of an advantage in the NFL as it is in college football. And all other things considered, many people think Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Stewart, and even Felix Jones are arguably better dynasty league prospects than McFadden.

I have no idea what made me think back to this thread this morning, but LOL. McFadden is a beast and Mendenhall isn't even a top 5 runningback from that class... thanks for the argument though
GridIronGiant
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 12
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Rookie RB Rankings

Postby m16a » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 am

Gridiron,

This is a free site, and you are welcome to take any of the advice, articles, and opinions with as much a grain of salt as you wish. You cannot however badmouth them or try and cause a fight, simply because you think your opinion is better. Please stay in line while posting.
Image
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5361
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere in PA

Previous

Return to Article Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:17 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact