Marinelli and the Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Marinelli and the Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Marinelli and the Draft

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 am

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:Who would you have chosen?

I don't have a huge problem with a lot of the draft picks that have been made over the years. Sure there are some that I would have went a different direction, but at the time I don't think they have been overly bad....sitting in my recliner.

I guess I have more issue in what they have done in free agency and even who they have gone after in coaches.

I agree with that completely, honestly its easy for everyone to look back and mock the Lions picks but at the time I never thought any of them have been just down right awful, we've gotten some bad breaks coupled with some bad attitudes. Hind sight is 20/20 I suppose. The free agency is really where i think we've made our mistakes though I agree.

EDIT: Wait wait wait... I take that back, I thought Drew Stanton was a bad pick immediately :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 27, 2008 1:12 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
EDIT: Wait wait wait... I take that back, I thought Drew Stanton was a bad pick immediately :-b

worst pick of Millens career
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Wed May 28, 2008 10:57 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:

Not even the worst pick of that round. 5-0. Aikia pet.

What was the worse Millen draft pick? That is a toughie. My first thought is Butterball Mike Williams. But what about Kalimba? Blueskies? Those would be my top three Millen picks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 am

moochman wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:

Not even the worst pick of that round. 5-0. Aikia pet.

What was the worse Millen draft pick? That is a toughie. My first thought is Butterball Mike Williams. But what about Kalimba? Blueskies? Those would be my top three Millen picks.

cmon...Ikea-Kalimba Francis just needs to be coached up ;-7

Stanton was such a non-need last year, plus i dont think he's an NFL caliber QB, i just feel it was a total waste of a pick

...while those other guys turned out to be huge busts at the time i didnt think they were terrible picks at the time (i actually liked the Fatty Williams pick :-P as for Kalimba, still cant believe we passed on Portis. Joey...i wanted Jammer
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat May 31, 2008 9:56 am

Just to make ya feel better about our draft. I read a blurb on LJ in the Leftovers forum and it said the Alberts could be as good as Long. That would be the guy we passed on to get Gosdar. Now why haven't I read anywhere that Gosdar could be as good as Long? This is the kind of garbage that we tend to overlook with every Lions draft. We pass on a better player to get another pick. So this year we take a lesser talent (although I hear Gos has quite the mean streak) and pick a RB who many think isn't fast or quick enough to make it on the next level. (Oh, while passing on guys like Charles from the Vikes, or Choice of the Cowboys). We draft a WR in the 4th that many thought would go undrafted....and pass of Arrington who goes in the 7th even though he fits the need they have for a punt returner, possesion receiver. We draft a FB in the 5th instead of the 7th, and then we don't even bother to sign Jehu Caulckrik (sp) to play FB.
Ah, to heck with it. We've been had again lads, Marinelli isn't even bright enough to be a NimRod.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 am

Well on the bright side:

May 29 The Lions sign DT SHEMIAH LEGRANDE.

a 6 foot 280ish pound DT, should bring down the house eh?
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions