Kevin Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Jones

Postby ssarmstro » Tue May 13, 2008 8:11 am

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Patriots brought in Kevin Jones for a meeting last week.
For now, they are just performing due diligence as Jones recovers from his torn ACL. But it would be a classic Patriots move, picking up an undervalued asset that has plenty of versatility. Jones excels in short-yardage situations and receiving downs, not exactly Laurence Maroney's strengths.

So if Kevin Jones went to the patriots what is his value??????
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kevin Jones

Postby killiansjmd » Tue May 13, 2008 9:24 am

I think for this year he would have little value as he continues to recover from the torn ACL. It normally takes guys a full year to recover from this type of injury.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue May 13, 2008 10:43 am

killiansjmd wrote:I think for this year he would have little value as he continues to recover from the torn ACL. It normally takes guys a full year to recover from this type of injury.

Tru, but KJ does have a history of recovering from injuries very quickly. Sadly, that is probably becuase he gets so much practice.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Pjluva10 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 am

If signed by the pats and healthy I would have to imagine he splits carries with Maroney.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ssarmstro » Tue May 13, 2008 11:36 am

I guess my question is that if he splits with Maroney. Jones would probably get goal line and 3rd down work right? Maroney really doesn't have a long term RBBC threat. Jones could be it. According to the a couple of articles, the lions believe jones will heal and he can still be successful. He is only 27 and 2 injury prone backs could make a whole in a powerful offense. (Maroney/ Jones)
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 pm

ssarmstro wrote:I guess my question is that if he splits with Maroney. Jones would probably get goal line and 3rd down work right? Maroney really doesn't have a long term RBBC threat. Jones could be it. According to the a couple of articles, the lions believe jones will heal and he can still be successful. He is only 27 and 2 injury prone backs could make a whole in a powerful offense. (Maroney/ Jones)

Patriots still have Sammy Morris and Heath Evans, either of them could punch it in at the goal line as well. The whole Patriots running game is a mess for fantasy owners.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue May 13, 2008 12:27 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Patriots still have Sammy Morris and Heath Evans, either of them could punch it in at the goal line as well. The whole Patriots running game is a mess for fantasy owners.

This.

I don't think Jones would be more than a 3rd down/change of pace back at this point.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Tue May 13, 2008 12:32 pm

The Patsies also have Randy Moss, who is a large factor on the goal line. They don't have to punch it in every time when they can throw a three-yard curl or a jump ball to the corner of the end zone to Moss.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm

moochman wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:I think for this year he would have little value as he continues to recover from the torn ACL. It normally takes guys a full year to recover from this type of injury.

Tru, but KJ does have a history of recovering from injuries very quickly. Sadly, that is probably becuase he gets so much practice.

:-b ....so true.

if KJ goes to the pats, i wont be drafting him thats for sure. i think he has little chance for success in that crowded backfield, at least in the short-term. i think after last season, the pats showed that they have a lot of faith in morris, who they used heavily over even maroney before he got injured. realistically...id see 2 guys in front of KJ in the lineup.

it would be good for the pats, bad for fantasy.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:41 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:it would be good for the pats, bad for fantasy.

This is true ;-D

When healthy, KJ is a very good back, but I don't think the Pats are going to bank on him being the guy, unless there are injuries to an already crowded backfield.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Next

Return to Football Talk