Kevin Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kevin Jones

Postby BigBadBrawler » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Forte just freefalled down my draftboard.

It's one thing when you are on a bad team, new WRs, horrible QBs, declining o-line. But when your coach lies out of three sides of his mouth regarding your role on the team? Benson is starter... Still starter... Bye Benson... Now we are good, our RBs are good, We will not be picking up any RBs... Meet your new teammate Kevin Jones... Just goes to show you cannot trust the Bears to handle Forte correctly. Lovie Smith has proven himself to be just as dumb as Marvin Lewis when it comes to handling personnel issues. To me, that shows you that a coach is on his way out the door unless things get right real quick, and when a coach is on his way out things can change real quick.

To me, Kevin Jones now becomes the only Chicago RB potentially worth picking up at his ADP. You may be able to draft Jones late and stash him on the bench and wait it out the same cannot be said about Forte. There is no way in hell am I dropping a 3rd-4th round pick on Forte now. Who will be starting at the mid-point of 2008 for Chicago? Who knows at this point. I would say it is a 50-25-25 bet no matter who starts opening day.

50% RBBC mess
25% Forte succeeds
25% Jones replaces

Whoa. Who was drafting Forte in the 3rd and 4th? I've done quite a bit of mocking and his ADP was always 5th - 7th Rounds. He's not great value, but still worth a shot as an RB3/RB4 type player. And I agree about the RBBC mess, but because of the injury, it'll take time for KJ to even earn RBBC carries. I still think you'll see Forte early and often, and how well he performs probably determines how quickly CHI forces KJ on the field and how extensively they use him. We should know after a few weeks what this situation is gonna end up looking like...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Forte just freefalled down my draftboard.

I don't know that he should have been that high on it to begin with...Even if he's slated to be the guy, I don't know that the Bears' offensive situation right now is beneficial to a rookie RB with limited backups behind him. No weapons, no line, no qb...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:31 pm

So where do you guys see each player's ADP landing at now? I think I have them at:

Matt Forte - around the 6th round and one of the last "starters" taken (pretty sure it's no different than what is there currently)

Kevin Jones - maybe around the 10th round with the current information. If he starts the season on the team he could get bumped up a round or two. If he starts on the PUP he's a last round kind of guy at best.

Adrian Peterson/Garrett Wolfe - I can't see myself drafting either in a standard redraft league anymore. The only value they have is if Forte falters or gets injured early in the season before KJ is ready to come back. Otherwise the only reason they'll even suit up is if one of them becomes or is a special teams guy (I don't know if either play good ST).

Maybe I'm just high on him because I drafted him in a dynasty just a little (which means a lot) too early and want to justify my pick.

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Lovie is the master of the bland-faced coachspeak, but some people seem to forget that Lovie is not in charge of personnel decisions. Jerry Angelo, the GM, does all the hiring and signing. Besides, I've learned long ago that what coaches say and what the team does don't necessarily mesh, especially when it comes to the Bears. Despite all the Lovie talk about not signing a vet RB, I knew they would. The only surprise to me was that they signed KJ and not someone like Dayne.

PS: I feel obligated to defend the Bears offense a bit. :-?
OK, fine, I give up. :,-(
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:10 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
PS: I feel obligated to defend the Bears offense a bit. :-?
OK, fine, I give up. :,-(

:-b :-b :-b
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Gee I suppose I'm supposed to fall to my knees screaming "We're saved!" Uh, no. If he's lucky enough to start the season, KJ won't make it past week 6. Sprained ankle, broken clavicle, turf toe, or maybe all three. This guy is as soft as they come, and when Minnesota gets that D on the field they'll break this candy ass in half. Fitting though. The Bears suck, so they should sign a crappy RB as well. :-t
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 pm

I dont see how a Bears fan can't be pleased by this decision. So let's say he plays poorly for six games as a backup and gets cut or injured. Nothing is really lost assuming they sign him to the kind of contract I think they will. Even if he never plays nothing much is lost out of the situation. Now he has the potential to stay healthy and give you a good season if he stays healthy. So why not take the risk?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:32 pm

This is an awesome deal. Basically a minimum contract for a guy who has shown he can be a good RB? More than worth the risk, in my opinion....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:This is an awesome deal. Basically a minimum contract for a guy who has shown he can be a good RB? More than worth the risk, in my opinion....

Agreed.

But for fantasy purposes this just muddles the situation even more. 3 guys capable of running and all will get some carries. Fantasy nightmare. I think KJ is nothing more than a late rd flyer.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby biju » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Gee I suppose I'm supposed to fall to my knees screaming "We're saved!" Uh, no. If he's lucky enough to start the season, KJ won't make it past week 6. Sprained ankle, broken clavicle, turf toe, or maybe all three. This guy is as soft as they come, and when Minnesota gets that D on the field they'll break this candy ass in half. Fitting though. The Bears suck, so they should sign a crappy RB as well. :-t

I would say you're probably right, but the truth is absolutely nothing is going to save the Bears this season. You could have LT back there and before the season is over he would be drinking on boats too, hoping to get suspended to end the pain.

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk