Kevin Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kevin Jones

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Azrael wrote:I still think that Forte is the favorite to start there. I would not even draft KJ at this point. They have no QB and no one to throw to. Hester is still raw and Olsen is still new. The O-line is ok. Teams will consistently have 8 in the box this year.

Olsen looked great to me last year. I think if it wasn't for Clark, Olsen would easily crack into the top10 TEs, maybe even the top5.

I agree, and I also see Clark getting fazed out a little more, with Olsen playing some slot and moving around more...His rookie year was an adjustment stage, but he has all the physical tools and without and real WR's on that team, I share the same feelings about him being able to move into the 5-10 range, I think after his 3rd year he will be supplanted in that group...I have Scheffler a tad higher only because he has been in the league longer but Scheff can never stay healthy, Olsen is going to surprise alot of people.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:11 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Azrael wrote:I still think that Forte is the favorite to start there. I would not even draft KJ at this point. They have no QB and no one to throw to. Hester is still raw and Olsen is still new. The O-line is ok. Teams will consistently have 8 in the box this year.

Olsen looked great to me last year. I think if it wasn't for Clark, Olsen would easily crack into the top10 TEs, maybe even the top5.

I agree, and I also see Clark getting fazed out a little more, with Olsen playing some slot and moving around more...His rookie year was an adjustment stage, but he has all the physical tools and without and real WR's on that team, I share the same feelings about him being able to move into the 5-10 range, I think after his 3rd year he will be supplanted in that group...I have Scheffler a tad higher only because he has been in the league longer but Scheff can never stay healthy, Olsen is going to surprise alot of people.

Unfortunately, the Chicago Offense is the 188th Circle of Football Hell, so an increased role is something of a mixed blessing.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:46 pm

TEs can be productive even on bad teams. Especially on teams that lost their starting WRs from the year before.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:50 pm

RB Kevin Jones ready to contribute
By Bob LeGere | Daily Herald Staff
Published: 8/10/2008 11:58

BOURBONNAIS - Kevin Jones, the former Detroit Lion, returned to practice Saturday night after starting training camp on the physically unable to perform list following surgery for a torn ACL in his right knee.

Jones was a 1,000-yard rusher as a rookie in 2004 in Motown, but he's not looking to be as good as he was then.

"I feel like I'm going to be better," he said. "I feel I'm on a better team with a better offensive line. So the product will be better that I'll be able to put out."

There is no timetable yet for Jones to play in the preseason, if he does at all.

"We don't have a definite plan yet," coach Lovie Smith said. "We're going to bring him along slowly."

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=226800&src=148
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Skins Fanatic » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Is KJones a legit threat to begin the season as the starter, or is it still Matt Forte? And regardless, are they worthy of being any more than a flex back? That's where I think the Chi starter is.
Skins Fanatic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kilroy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:33 pm

Skins Fanatic wrote:Is KJones a legit threat to begin the season as the starter, or is it still Matt Forte? And regardless, are they worthy of being any more than a flex back? That's where I think the Chi starter is.

No...Yes...No.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Skins Fanatic wrote:Is KJones a legit threat to begin the season as the starter, or is it still Matt Forte? And regardless, are they worthy of being any more than a flex back? That's where I think the Chi starter is.

No...Yes...No.

I would never depend on any RB from Chicago to be more than a flex or bye week fill, but I think there is a little bit of speculation as to whether Forte is the starter, even though the chances are he *will* be the starter at the beginning of the season.

I think there are too many people who have convinced themselves that Forte has more talent than Kevin Jones, and I think it's more than reasonable to see KJ starting at some point this season. The start of the season might be too soon, but I do expect it to happen before the season has ended.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 pm

biju wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

No...Yes...No.

I would never depend on any RB from Chicago to be more than a flex or bye week fill, but I think there is a little bit of speculation as to whether Forte is the starter, even though the chances are he *will* be the starter at the beginning of the season.

I think there are too many people who have convinced themselves that Forte has more talent than Kevin Jones, and I think it's more than reasonable to see KJ starting at some point this season. The start of the season might be too soon, but I do expect it to happen before the season has ended.

I didn't say I thought Forte was more talented, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if KJ started at some point, just like I wouldn't be at all shocked if shortly thereafter he got hurt.

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby biju » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:42 am

Kilroy wrote:
biju wrote:I would never depend on any RB from Chicago to be more than a flex or bye week fill, but I think there is a little bit of speculation as to whether Forte is the starter, even though the chances are he *will* be the starter at the beginning of the season.

I didn't say I thought Forte was more talented, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if KJ started at some point, just like I wouldn't be at all shocked if shortly thereafter he got hurt.

You're right, you didn't and I misread what you said. I guess I've seen too much undeserved support for Forte that I automatically assume people have written off Jones. My apologies.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ssarmstro » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:12 pm

I agree as well. I think Kevin is the most talented and I think he will be the starter at some point. But the different with Chicago is that i also think he will shared his carries. I think he can handle 20 touches a game (recieving and rushing) Forte another 15 per game. Chicago is a run heavy team and 35 rushs a game is want I see in this poor offense. PLEASE keep in mind I am not saying he will blow-up but if he could start I can see him as an Okay flex. I hear he is already practicing with the 2nd team so that doesn't say much for his competition. also I saw this article snipet, which indicates he is hitting and being hit so.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs ... 362.column

"Finally, a mouthpiece flew into the air upon contact. It belonged to linebacker Michael Okwo, whose collision with running back Kevin Jones left more than his own tongue wagging."
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk