Joe Horn seeking trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joe Horn seeking trade

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 am

Falcons' Horn plans to seek trade
By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 05/12/08

Flowery Branch — Falcons veteran wide receiver Joe Horn said Monday that he would like to be traded instead of remaining with the team as a "just-in-case guy."

"I want to win a Super Bowl and I want to win a Super Bowl here in Atlanta, but I don't think I can help this team win a Super Bowl sitting on the bench, waiting for third down," Horn said.

Horn said he had not approached the team yet about his desire to be dealt but that him and/or his agent would in the near future.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... html?imw=Y
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Joe Horn seeking trade

Postby knapplc » Tue May 13, 2008 10:28 am

At this stage in Horn's career he's not going to lead any team to a Super Bowl. He'll be a situational WR on every contender, so it's not like he's going to go somewhere and make an impact.

Every player wants to win a Super Bowl. Not all are able to be the go-to guy and make that happen. So why he thinks some team is going to go out and acquire him when he isn't the missing piece is beyond me.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue May 13, 2008 10:36 am

I hate seeing how some of these NFL careers end. Horn should have never left the Saints. If he didn't have enough to contribute in a system he knows by heart how unlikely is it for him to do so elsewhere? Sad.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Pjluva10 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:14 am

I know that he says he wants to win in Atlanta but thats not going to happen anytime soon. I think he just wants out. Who wouldnt?
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:35 am

yeah im with mooch, he should have never left the saints. at least he had a shot at a super bowl there if thats what he really wants. and for him to go somewhere and assume a role more than what he has now...and the team still make a super bowl?? meh. chances are if a team is hard up enough to start joe horn they have no buisness in the super bowl.

it always amazes me how quickly this guy went from a fantasy beast to a non factor. check the stats:

the dropoff from 2004-2005 was extreme after 5 really good years. even in 2003 he missed some starts and had under 1000 yards, but still grabbed 10 tds. i understand the guy has had a lot of injuries since then, but at his age...i cant imagine it would ever get much better. what a shame. seems like yesterday when the dude was catching tds and pulling cell phones out in the endzone. as it stands now, the dude doesnt have too much leverage at his age with a few really bad years under his belt.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk