Bengals RB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bengals RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bengals RB's

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Could get a little crowded back there!

Bengals' Perry looks promising
Fifth-year tailback says he's more humble and more determined after his recovery.
By Chick Ludwig
Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CINCINNATI — Chris Perry's first practice in 18 months drew rave reviews at Paul Brown Stadium on Tuesday, May 13.

The 6-foot, 224-pounder ran hard, cut sharply and showed good burst and acceleration. That was the entree. Then he tossed in a pair of one-handed catches for dessert.

Finally, the Cincinnati Bengals' fifth-year tailback is fully recovered from the devastating injury suffered at Cleveland on Nov. 26, 2006, when he fractured and dislocated his right ankle.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/conten ... alsb1.html

Bengals’ RBs, WRs brace for game of ‘survivor’
By Chick Ludwig | Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
ONLY STRONG WILL SURVIVE

Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski calls it a game of “survivor” for the running backs and wide receivers.

Looking good in the first on-field coaching session at Paul Brown Stadium on Tuesday, May 13: Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry.

Rudi is determined to play at 225 pounds and become the Jerome Bettis-style hammer between the tackles that he once was.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/conten ... _game.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bengals RB's

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:21 pm

RB Perry's playing status still up in the air
BLOG: Perry in the fight of his life for roster spot
By Carlos "Big C" Holmes
Staff writer
Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cincinnati Bengals running back Chris Perry's playing status with the team remains up in the air after missing nearly two seasons due to a broken and dislocated ankle. He last carried the ball in Game 11 of the 2006 season against Cleveland. Now the former first-round pick is not only battling back from injury, but could be fighting for a job.

Perry appears to have his work cut out for him in what is turning out to be a crowded backfield for the Bengals. He will have to prove himself during training camp and will have some stiff competition. Kenny Watson, DeDe Dorsey and rookie free agent James Johnson, who has been very impressive in practice thus far, are vying for playing time behind starter Rudi Johnson.

During an interview with Perry in mini-camp he proclaimed himself 85 percent healed from the injury, but insists that the road to recovery is going well.

"Everything is working out fine," he said. "I'm just getting back and used to playing football and trying to get better each and everyday."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/conten ... lsweb.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:20 am

should this be a backfield to really watch during preseason, due to how far rudi has slipped in drafts? or are you avoiding it due to teh clutter?

is rudi still going to be the starter, or is this going to be a RBBC? im sure there isnt an answer for it now, but does anyone have a feeling. i would assume if rudi gets a majority of teh touches he will be a steal based on ADP. having a RB3 that starts and gets most of teh touches is gold
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Humpback » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 pm

shawngee03 wrote:should this be a backfield to really watch during preseason, due to how far rudi has slipped in drafts? or are you avoiding it due to teh clutter?

is rudi still going to be the starter, or is this going to be a RBBC? im sure there isnt an answer for it now, but does anyone have a feeling. i would assume if rudi gets a majority of teh touches he will be a steal based on ADP. having a RB3 that starts and gets most of teh touches is gold

It's all a guess until we see them play in regular season games, but my guess is Rudi is the 1st and 2nd down RB (and goal lines) and Perry (if healthy, Watson if not) is the 3rd down RB at least to start. From everything that I've read, they like what Rudi's done in the offseason and want him to get back to where he was, so I think he'll get at least a couple of games to do that. If he doesn't perform, I don't think he'll have a very long leash.

Unfortunately for him, they open @ Baltimore, vs. Tenn, and @ NYG, and they're all great vs. the run. They are on the road vs. Dallas and the Jets and home vs. Cleveland and Pitt also before their bye, so only 2 out of their first 7 opponents weren't in the top 10 vs. the run last year. Not too pretty.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby biju » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Humpback wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:should this be a backfield to really watch during preseason, due to how far rudi has slipped in drafts? or are you avoiding it due to teh clutter?

It's all a guess until we see them play in regular season games, but my guess is Rudi is the 1st and 2nd down RB (and goal lines) and Perry (if healthy, Watson if not) is the 3rd down RB at least to start. From everything that I've read, they like what Rudi's done in the offseason and want him to get back to where he was, so I think he'll get at least a couple of games to do that. If he doesn't perform, I don't think he'll have a very long leash.

Unfortunately for him, they open @ Baltimore, vs. Tenn, and @ NYG, and they're all great vs. the run. They are on the road vs. Dallas and the Jets and home vs. Cleveland and Pitt also before their bye, so only 2 out of their first 7 opponents weren't in the top 10 vs. the run last year. Not too pretty.

Great post. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Healthy Perry to the rescue
Tailback's skills give offense lift
By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • August 13, 2008

GEORGETOWN, Ky. - The Bengals offense languished without a first down for its first 10 plays Monday night at Green Bay.

Enter Chris Perry, the fifth-year tailback from Michigan, who sparked the offense on its fourth possession.

Perry ran 6 yards on the last play in the first quarter of what would be a 20-17 Bengals victory in their preseason opener. Then he sprinted through the left side of the line to rip off a 14-yard gain, good for the initial first down of the game for the Bengals, releasing the pressure of frustration that had built up.

Perry rushed 11 times for 42 yards and one touchdown. He added two receptions for 9 yards. On the Bengals' first touchdown drive, he had 31 rushing yards on four carries.

"A ton" is Carson Palmer's assessment of what Perry means to the offense.

"It seems like he is so much faster than everybody else out there," the quarterback said.

"He sees holes quickly. I know there was one he wished he would have had back. He catches the ball well. He runs the ball well. He sets up blocks well. He's a complete back. He is dangerous on third down, on screens," Palmer said.

"If he can stay healthy for 16 games."

Palmer's voice trailed off. That "if" is a big if. In four NFL seasons, since the Bengals drafted him in the first round in 2004, Perry has had just one complete year, 2005, and he missed two games then because of a left ankle injury. Still, his 51 receptions, 61 rushing attempts and 21 kickoff returns accounted for 1,019 total yards and the only two touchdowns of his pro career. Penalties nullified at least two other long touchdowns that season.

con't...

rest of article: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 30388/1066
stomperrob

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:38 pm

I've been a huge Perry fan and targeted him in every single one of my dynasties because he provides great value for a guy with alot of talent...He does look to be healthy, and if healthy he is going to be ahead of Watson on the depth chart, Watson is getting overdrafted due to last year and the 1 huge game he had but I believe the Bengals want to get Perry more involved...In standard redrafts I don't think he provides an enormous amount of value unless an injury to Rudi happens, but if the league is PPR I want him no matter the other settings, keeper, dynasty or redraft, he was running Monday nite like a mad man and showed some serious emotion, no way he doesn't see the field alot playing the way he did.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BMcP » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Um, anyone notice Perry ran with the #1's today, per rotoworld. Thoughts?
BMcP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:43 pm

Mort just said The Bengals are trying to use Rudi as trade bait to get another WR.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 pm

how far up do u bump Perry's ranking now that he's clearly the #1 guy--aka this years R Grant.
...sleep with one eye open
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk