Bengals RB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bengals RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bengals RB's

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:49 pm

I think you slot him in around where Rudi had typically been going.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:44 pm

eaglesfan wrote:Mort just said The Bengals are trying to use Rudi as trade bait to get another WR.

I saw that. 8-o Makes Perry a diamond in the rough. Rudi is washed up and it might finally be Perry that leads the Bengals.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:49 pm

As a Perry owner in quite a few dynasties since his value was incredibly low, I was just hoping for a healthy 3rd down back to rake in 50 receptions again, if they ship Rudi off I would be one happy man ;-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 pm

1) Why would we want to deal him for a WR? we already have Chad, Hous, Henry, Simpson (Round 2), Caldwell (Round 3), pass-catching TE Uteche, and not to mention both Perry and Rudi catch the ball well out of the back-field. How bout anything on the defensive side of the ball :-t

2) Perry isn't this year's Ryan Grant. Perry is going into the the season as the #1. Grant didn't.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:05 pm

aaawall91 wrote:1) Why would we want to deal him for a WR? we already have Chad, Hous, Henry, Simpson (Round 2), Caldwell (Round 3), pass-catching TE Uteche, and not to mention both Perry and Rudi catch the ball well out of the back-field. How bout anything on the defensive side of the ball :-t

2) Perry isn't this year's Ryan Grant. Perry is going into the the season as the #1. Grant didn't.

Those were his words....I'm guessing there is real concern about Johnson's Shoulder.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Don't worry I notice that, wasn't an attack against you ;-D

Yes Hous and Chad are injured, and Henry is suspended early on. But I can't imagine our receiving corps once they are on the field. the guy we trade for would be more beneficial than a defensive player.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:17 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Don't worry I notice that, wasn't an attack against you ;-D

Yes Hous and Chad are injured, and Henry is suspended early on. But I can't imagine our receiving corps once they are on the field. the guy we trade for would be more beneficial than a defensive player.

;-D

Oh I agree, the offense is obviously fine....where are you guys lacking on Defense? Pass Rush?
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby dmacblue » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:05 am

Without doubt the Bengals are the most piss poor owned and run franchise in the NFL. Dont even get me started on Mike freakin Brown.

Yes, the O-Line is crap, so that has to be a priority. its old and unmotivated, well and absolute garbage too. Was stunned to see Carson, a true legit top 3 QB on a good team, run for his freakin life against the Saints

Chad despite his antics (and i wish we'd shipped him out in the summer) is a baller, and will/would play tough if he's on the field. I do believe that. reports out of Cincy this past week and the signing of Henry (fool me once shame on you, fool me 6 times shame on Mike Brown - great sign from the game) lead us to believe there was more to Chads shoulder than indicated.

There is no shortage of young WR talent, Henry, Simpson and Caldwell, but the 2 rookies are not close to ready, both had poor camps, and Caldwell is hurt. Simpson is a project - period.

We've known all summer (and longer!) that Rudi is down. he has no abilty to break a tackle or get outside. I've said many times in the Cafe, as have others, that Rudi is done. IF Perry can stay healthy, and IF the O-Line holds up, he will be fine, as he has plenty of talent, but he is made of glass and so are they

Housh has bitched way too much also, has an injury, he is 30 plus and will be off at the end of the year, so dont expect him to come risking his neck for a team destined to see no more than 5 wins.

Oh did i mention the killer schedule? Hmmmmmmm

Marvin Lewis was a choice I liked at the time, but he is treading water, for a defensive guy I aint seen anything but crap from our D since he's been there.

Mike Zimmer as D-Cord looks promising, cant knock him yet, he's only just got there. hell, id make him head coach!

Keith Rivers is superb!

The pisser ISNT having a poor team, I could cope with that if there was light at the end of the tunnel, its the continued year after year head in the sand attitude of the franchise that infuriates me. I truly think Mike Brown does not care less, so long as he is seen to do it HIS way, a freaking egomaniac

Errm,I think thats it for now.

Oh yeah, Jeremi Johnson is a fat bum too.

Who Dey!

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby Stelly » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:21 am

LS2throwed wrote:As a Perry owner in quite a few dynasties since his value was incredibly low, I was just hoping for a healthy 3rd down back to rake in 50 receptions again, if they ship Rudi off I would be one happy man ;-D

I draftd him in the 17th round of my draft last weekend!! ;-D
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)