Universities - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Universities

Moderator: Football Moderators

Universities

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed May 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Thanks for the help! ;-D
Last edited by Canucks_Fantasy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Universities

Postby Metroid » Wed May 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Obviously option one. Being an hour away you're just far enough from home so your parents can't drop in on you yet close enough to get a home cooked meal and your laundry done by mom. :-b

You don't really want to go to the same school as all your best friends or a "party school," make some new friends and get a good education. You'll find enough time to party at any school. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Option 1 by a long shot for me. I have no desire to go to college with kids that I'm already friends with. One of the things I need to work on is putting myself out there, and if I went to school with a bunch of friends I would just fall back into my comfort zone with them and probably not talk to many other people. Of course, that's based on my own personality and what I think is best for ME personally. Option 3 would probably be the best for that since it was only a few acquaintances, but the other categories bumped it down, so 1 is my choice.

I just saw that you want a neutral view, but that's the best I can give you. :*)
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed May 14, 2008 7:22 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Option 1 by a long shot for me. I have no desire to go to college with kids that I'm already friends with. One of the things I need to work on is putting myself out there, and if I went to school with a bunch of friends I would just fall back into my comfort zone with them and probably not talk to many other people. Of course, that's based on my own personality and what I think is best for ME personally. Option 3 would probably be the best for that since it was only a few acquaintances, but the other categories bumped it down, so 1 is my choice.

I just saw that you want a neutral view, but that's the best I can give you. :*)

Haha, that's neutral enough.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 14, 2008 7:50 pm

#1 - you're not choosing something for the next 4 years, you're choosing something that's gonna impact the rest of your life!
;-D ;-D

P.S. You forgot to mention their football teams!!!(j/k)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby The_Captain » Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 pm

I don't see how Option #1 isn't your first and only choice. Stomper nailed it, this is much more than a 4 year commitment...and with the job market getting tougher and tougher, you need a high quality education.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu May 15, 2008 12:10 am

Actually, in my area there are more jobs than workers.

Due to the Olympics/expansion many places are offering above minimum wage for burger flippers. If I really wanted a good paying job, I could just move to Alberta. It's going nuts in terms of jobs. 15$ an hour to work at McDonald's...

I was leaning towards option 3, only because it would increase my GPA due to the "big fish in a little pond" scenario. I wouldn't have as much competition.

Option 2 would just be so convenient. Option 1 is probably the best option, but I really don't want to go to a school full of "study harder, study harder". I'm not trying to be racist, but a school full of school obsessed Asians isn't my dream school. :-/

There are a lot of things to consider. :-?

You guys also need to know that all three of these universities are still good, I was just rating them in terms of each other. Option 2 is probably a better arts school, while Option 1 is a better science school.

I'm not trying to decide between DeVry and the University of Phoenix here. :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu May 15, 2008 2:36 am

Well, for me, I have worked my way through college while living at home and haven't gone into debt over it, my view on it will probably be pretty different from most. I would look for a college that has good academics. However, it wouldn't be absolutely imperative they have the best. Just a good academic environment with professors and students that actually care at least a little bit. AS for location, I wouldn't mind living close to home. I have lots of good friends close to home as well as a good job already, etc, etc. As for demographics, I could care less. You will find people you can relate to no matter what the atmosphere. I will say that as a broad generalization, Asians can be a difficult demographic to get acquainted with due to the fact they usually have a large culture gap, but I have had a couple decent Asian friends as well. Also, even if they were 90% Asians if you are outgoing and open to new friends you will still make some really good friends and find people to hang out with. Also, haven't heard of too many emo Asians, so you would be covered there. :-D As for campus housing, I would prefer to live off-campus if you are planning on working your way through college. So housing/rental affordability would be more important to me as well.
So all things considered I would probably choose choice number one. Be prepared to apply yourself more than you might have to in one of the other schools, but in the long run, it would probably be the best option. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu May 15, 2008 8:23 am

Asian chicks = ;-D ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu May 15, 2008 9:58 am

Party school for sure!

That was easy :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk