Winslow wants more money

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Winslow wants more money

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Couple days old...

Browns Insider: Rosenhaus still 'hopeful' for Winslow deal
Posted by Mary Kay Cabot mcabot@plaind.com
June 12, 2008 19:25PM

Kellen Winslow's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Wednesday that he's still hopeful he and the Browns can agree on a contract extension for Winslow.

"With Kellen, we have good dialogue with the Browns," Rosenhaus told Sprint Exclusive Entertainment. "I have had discussions with [GM] Phil Savage ... about Kellen's contract. Kellen has made it clear in the past what he would like to accomplish. We're hopeful of getting something worked out with the team."

Rosenhaus' optimism comes a week after Savage said "We don't have a lot of wiggle room right now ... I think we've let it be known kind of where we are."

The good news, Rosenhaus said, is that Winslow's surgically-repaired right knee held up well during the three-day minicamp. Winslow, who looked especially good on day two of the camp, declined to talk to reporters for the third straight day Wednesday.

con't...

rest of article: http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/0 ... keeps.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:19 pm

Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow eager for 2008 NFL season
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Tony Grossi
Plain Dealer Reporter

There were times in the Browns' off-season when it appeared tight end Kellen Winslow might be a negative issue in 2008.

He started talking about wanting a new contract at the Super Bowl in February. He had another knee surgery - his fourth, at least - after the Pro Bowl.

In April, the Browns traded a future draft choice to pick a tight end, Winslow's possible successor. And then Winslow missed all of the team's voluntary off-season practices in May and June.

But on Saturday, Winslow sounded very much like the football "warrior" beloved by his teammates.

"We have a lot to prove. I can't wait. I wish the [first] game was tomorrow," he said.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plainde ... xml&coll=2
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:55 pm

BROWNS TRAINING CAMP
Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow focusing on big season, not big contract
Friday, July 25, 2008
Mary Kay CabotPlain Dealer Reporter

In this season of Great Expectations, Kellen Winslow was determined not to be the Great Distraction.

So instead of holding out of camp for the contract extension he's seeking, he showed up on time and is practicing as hard as a rookie trying to make the team.

"I'm sure [the media] probably thought I wasn't coming, but I'm not that type of guy," said Winslow after Thursday morning's practice. "I don't want to be a distraction. My job is to just help this team win and play to the best of my ability."

If Winslow has dollar signs in his eyes, you'd never know it from the way he's leaping and twisting to catch passes and running after the football. He even wore full pads in practice Thursday afternoon when everyone else was in shorts. Then, he turned in an all-Berea performance, catching everything that came his way, about 15 passes in all.

"You have to separate [the business from the football]," he said. "You can't focus on the contract. I'm under contract [for three more years]. I just want to be a Cleveland Brown for a longer period of time, so my agent and the organization are in talks."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plainde ... xml&coll=2
stomperrob

Previous

Return to Football Talk