Moderator: Football Moderators

Chiefs' WR's

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 15, 2008 12:01 pm

Slim pickin's:

Posted on Wed, May. 14, 2008 10:15 PM
Color the Chiefs wide receivers green
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

It’s a good thing for the Chiefs that Herm Edwards has a fondness for young players. Otherwise, he’d have nothing to like about their wide receivers.

The only established player at the position, Dwayne Bowe, is all of 23. The old man of the group, Arena League veteran Bobby Sippio, is 27, and he’s not guaranteed to make the team.

But age isn’t necessarily the problem. A lack of accomplishments is. Bowe led all rookie receivers last year with 70 catches and 995 yards. Otherwise, Jeff Webb has two career starts, free-agent addition Devard Darling one, and the rest of the wide receivers either haven’t played in an NFL game or haven’t caught a pass in one.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs ... 20524.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chiefs' WR's

Postby saints67 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Aside from Bowe...

I think Webb could be a sleeper (I have him on my dynasty team)...he has good size, speed and he is entering that magical 3rd year. Problem is that they signed Darling to a 3-year deal that looks like starter money, and then the QB situation. But I'll hold onto him though.
saints67
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby Kensat30 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:19 pm

I think Bowe could pull a Braylon Edwards/Larry Fitzgerald this season, he is really a special player. All he has to compete with is the TE, and really, Croyle didn't look all that bad to me when I watched him play. He puts a nice touch on the ball when he has a chance to get rid of it. I love the players they added to the trenches and I think Kansas City could start to become a competitive team very quickly.

I currently have Bowe ranked in my top15 WRs.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby spodog » Mon May 19, 2008 10:51 pm

saints67 wrote:Aside from Bowe...

I think Webb could be a sleeper (I have him on my dynasty team)...he has good size, speed and he is entering that magical 3rd year. Problem is that they signed Darling to a 3-year deal that looks like starter money, and then the QB situation. But I'll hold onto him though.

I don't see the sleeper potential at all. This guy has been around and had plenty of chances to impress the last several years. He wasn't able to beat out an old, slow Eddie Kennison for a job.

He's a turd. No real fantasy potential.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I think Bowe could pull a Braylon Edwards/Larry Fitzgerald this season, he is really a special player. All he has to compete with is the TE, and really, Croyle didn't look all that bad to me when I watched him play. He puts a nice touch on the ball when he has a chance to get rid of it. I love the players they added to the trenches and I think Kansas City could start to become a competitive team very quickly.

Bowe is good, but he has Croyle throwing the ball
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Tue May 20, 2008 9:26 am

I'm not sold on Croyle yet but maybe an improved O-line this season could really help his development. Outside of adding Alberts in the draft did the Chiefs making any other additions to their O-line this off season??
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue May 20, 2008 12:06 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I think Bowe could pull a Braylon Edwards/Larry Fitzgerald this season, he is really a special player. All he has to compete with is the TE, and really, Croyle didn't look all that bad to me when I watched him play. He puts a nice touch on the ball when he has a chance to get rid of it. I love the players they added to the trenches and I think Kansas City could start to become a competitive team very quickly.

That's the thing that always gets me - people look at the talent of the individual WR and forget that they're dependent on the QB getting them the ball. Randy Moss is the best example of this, but there are others. That ball has to find its way into the WR's hands before they can be effective, talent or no talent.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue May 20, 2008 12:53 pm

How did I not know Sammy Parker is with the Broncos now. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Tue May 20, 2008 4:18 pm

knapplc wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

That's the thing that always gets me - people look at the talent of the individual WR and forget that they're dependent on the QB getting them the ball. Randy Moss is the best example of this, but there are others. That ball has to find its way into the WR's hands before they can be effective, talent or no talent.

That will surely be the last time we see those word together, no? C'Mon now, lets settle down a tad. I like Bowe to be a nice undervalued WR, I think a healthy return of LJ will do wonders for him. But I do fear that we may never see a healthy LJ again, and so will never see Ds exposing their secondary enough to give Bowe open ranges needed to snag some Croyle passes. But enough to be top 15? Man, I cannot see it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Hopefully for Bowe's sake, Croyle is ready to step up his game this year.

At least one player saw reason for optimism Tuesday.

“Brodie’s looking good, man,” wide receiver Dwayne Bowe said. “He threw a go route, back shoulder, against the wind. It was on the money. I was like, ‘Dude, you’re ready. It’s on.’ ”

restof article: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs ... 29108.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Next

Return to Football Talk