Ronnie and Ricky to share? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby killiansjmd » Sat May 24, 2008 1:51 pm

If healthy, you have to expect Brown to get a majority of the carries in this offense. Early on in the season I could see Ricky getting carries until Brown gets himself to 100% which usually takes a full year following that type of knee injury.
Image
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7929
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:12 am

I personally am loving the value of Brown. He was #1 in yards last year before he went down. If he did anything he showed me when healthy he has a high ceiling, and he is worth taking as a RB2.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 63)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby Guru13 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm tired of hearing about Ricky Williams, he needs to go off and get high by himself and quit bothering the football world.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby jbel1021 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:55 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I personally am loving the value of Brown. He was #1 in yards last year before he went down. If he did anything he showed me when healthy he has a high ceiling, and he is worth taking as a RB2.


me too. let's just hope his injury is going well. they had nothing but good things to say about his progress.
jbel1021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 113
Joined: 1 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby WessWackos » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Ricky Williams, he needs to go off and get high by himself and quit bothering the football world.


How long has it been since Ricky tested positive for weed? I'm tired of this argument coming up every time his name is mentioned. Have you people never done something stupid you regretted, learned from it, and taken a different path? If the man has mended his ways he doesn't deserve this "Life Sentence" of smoking weed everyone wants to drop on him.

~"The hardened criminal that stole a pack of gum in elementary school and can't get a job at age 34 now" :-D
WessWackos
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:31 am

WessWackos wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Ricky Williams, he needs to go off and get high by himself and quit bothering the football world.


How long has it been since Ricky tested positive for weed? I'm tired of this argument coming up every time his name is mentioned. Have you people never done something stupid you regretted, learned from it, and taken a different path? If the man has mended his ways he doesn't deserve this "Life Sentence" of smoking weed everyone wants to drop on him.

~"The hardened criminal that stole a pack of gum in elementary school and can't get a job at age 34 now" :-D


...easy bud, the getting high reference was more of a joke. Plus it's not so much that he smokes weed or whatever but the fact that he's been given chance after chance after chance and he always screws it up and is just another thing for the league to deal with that really isn't even worth dealing with.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:31 pm

2nd chance for Ricky Williams? Wasn't that like 4 years ago? The guy is on like chance number 5 now.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Free Bagel wrote:2nd chance for Ricky Williams? Wasn't that like 4 years ago? The guy is on like chance number 5 now.


QFT ;-D ;-D
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby jbel1021 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:2nd chance for Ricky Williams? Wasn't that like 4 years ago? The guy is on like chance number 5 now.


QFT ;-D ;-D


lol
jbel1021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 113
Joined: 1 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby ivesaidway2much » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:16 pm

I wouldn't touch Ronnie Brown with a ten foot-pole this season. ACL injuries always take at least a year to fully heal. Braylon Edwards tore his ACL in 2005. Just look at his 2006 season compared to his 2007 season. Both McNabb and Amani Toomer tore their ACL's in 2006. McNabb looked like a shell of his former self until late in the season. And Toomer was held catchless in a game for the first time in like a decade, and it happened twice last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky get the majority of carries for Dolphins this season, but Brown could be a HUGE steal in 2009.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 482
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:36 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact