Ronnie and Ricky to share? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby killiansjmd » Sat May 24, 2008 1:51 pm

If healthy, you have to expect Brown to get a majority of the carries in this offense. Early on in the season I could see Ricky getting carries until Brown gets himself to 100% which usually takes a full year following that type of knee injury.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:12 am

I personally am loving the value of Brown. He was #1 in yards last year before he went down. If he did anything he showed me when healthy he has a high ceiling, and he is worth taking as a RB2.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Guru13 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm tired of hearing about Ricky Williams, he needs to go off and get high by himself and quit bothering the football world.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby jbel1021 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:55 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I personally am loving the value of Brown. He was #1 in yards last year before he went down. If he did anything he showed me when healthy he has a high ceiling, and he is worth taking as a RB2.

me too. let's just hope his injury is going well. they had nothing but good things to say about his progress.
jbel1021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WessWackos » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Ricky Williams, he needs to go off and get high by himself and quit bothering the football world.

How long has it been since Ricky tested positive for weed? I'm tired of this argument coming up every time his name is mentioned. Have you people never done something stupid you regretted, learned from it, and taken a different path? If the man has mended his ways he doesn't deserve this "Life Sentence" of smoking weed everyone wants to drop on him.

~"The hardened criminal that stole a pack of gum in elementary school and can't get a job at age 34 now" :-D
WessWackos
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:31 am

WessWackos wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Ricky Williams, he needs to go off and get high by himself and quit bothering the football world.

How long has it been since Ricky tested positive for weed? I'm tired of this argument coming up every time his name is mentioned. Have you people never done something stupid you regretted, learned from it, and taken a different path? If the man has mended his ways he doesn't deserve this "Life Sentence" of smoking weed everyone wants to drop on him.

~"The hardened criminal that stole a pack of gum in elementary school and can't get a job at age 34 now" :-D

...easy bud, the getting high reference was more of a joke. Plus it's not so much that he smokes weed or whatever but the fact that he's been given chance after chance after chance and he always screws it up and is just another thing for the league to deal with that really isn't even worth dealing with.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:31 pm

2nd chance for Ricky Williams? Wasn't that like 4 years ago? The guy is on like chance number 5 now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Free Bagel wrote:2nd chance for Ricky Williams? Wasn't that like 4 years ago? The guy is on like chance number 5 now.

QFT ;-D ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbel1021 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:2nd chance for Ricky Williams? Wasn't that like 4 years ago? The guy is on like chance number 5 now.

QFT ;-D ;-D

lol
jbel1021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ivesaidway2much » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:16 pm

I wouldn't touch Ronnie Brown with a ten foot-pole this season. ACL injuries always take at least a year to fully heal. Braylon Edwards tore his ACL in 2005. Just look at his 2006 season compared to his 2007 season. Both McNabb and Amani Toomer tore their ACL's in 2006. McNabb looked like a shell of his former self until late in the season. And Toomer was held catchless in a game for the first time in like a decade, and it happened twice last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky get the majority of carries for Dolphins this season, but Brown could be a HUGE steal in 2009.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk