Ronnie and Ricky to share? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby MrTwo94 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:48 am

McAllister did pretty well upon returning. I like Ronnie Brown. His combination of size and speed is rare. He's also got excellent hands. If I don't get him and he starts slow, then I'll get good value when I trade for him.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:30 am

Dolphins' Williams relishes hard work
Ricky Williams has enthusiastically embraced Miami's strenuous offseason conditioning program.
Posted on Thu, Jun. 05, 2008
By JEFF DARLINGTON
jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

Maybe his legacy already has been solidified. Maybe Dolphins running back Ricky Williams, at just 31, will never be known for anything other than his past four years.

The early retirement. The pot. The yoga. The tents in India. The philosophical beliefs. Everything that makes for cheap punch lines, even if it isn't everything that continues to define him.

''I'm more worried about my legacy in a bigger picture, as far as setting myself up for post-football,'' Williams said Wednesday after suggesting his NFL career already has been stained. ``Going back to school, getting a real job and raising my kids.''

If it sounds as if Williams has given up on football altogether, well, the controversial star might actually be more misunderstood than ever. Giving up on revitalizing a legacy is one thing. But giving up on the game itself? Not this time. Quite the opposite.

Reserve judgment if you like, but Williams is focused on doing something that could soon turn some heads and change some minds: He is returning to form.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/558671.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Brown puts on moves in final practice before camp
By Harvey Fialkov | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
12:24 AM EDT, June 13, 2008

DAVIE - Dolphins players whooped it up on the sidelines while watching running back Ronnie Brown grab a pass from John Beck and streak past linebacker Joey Porter into the end zone early in Thursday's final practice before next month's training camp.

Brown had been practicing on a limited basis during his recovery from knee surgery eight months ago — until this week when he participated in 11-on-11 team drills for the first time. It's an optimistic sign that he will hit his target date and be ready to play in the season opener against the Jets on Sept. 7.

"It's a bigger step, a step closer to getting ready for the season and getting ready for training camp," Brown said. "The last couple of days, the knee is doing real well. I look forward to going to training camp and being able to participate in that, and we'll see how everything goes. By the time September rolls around, I feel I'll be pretty good, 100 percent and more."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/foot ... 7590.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:28 pm

From all the accounts I've read Ricky is THE favorite player of Parcells so far.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:09 pm

This is beginning to look a little bit like Denver's RB situation. Except more potential. Just looks like it will be a really muddy RB situation for sure.

If you could land both of them, it would be a pretty sweet deal though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:34 pm

I think I mentioned it in the original post, but Parcells has no problems with a RBBC.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:15 am

I wonder how Ronnie will be used this year. Despite the Dolphins sucking Cam Cameron was able to exploit Brown's talents. Will the current coaching staff use him the same way? Look what happened to Gore when Turner left. Still a respectable season but not nearly as good with the coach he had before.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Venom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Like someone else mentioned...I don't think he'll be at 100% until 2009. This year I think we will see a lot more of Ricky than we will in '09 when Ronnie can run on all 8 cylinders.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:20 am

The good thing is Parcells wants to run the ball, alot...He is a power offense type of guy, they have no WR's and no experienced QB, they got run mauler Jake Long, so those all help the ground game...Of course Ronnie won't be the same workhorse that he is, but I don't know if we should expect the old Ricky all of a sudden.

I have Ronnie in a dynasty and I'm trying to trade him now, if nobody is interested I might have to wait until he has a good game, I'm just not a big fan of guys coming back from ACL injuries the next year, the explosiveness just isn't the same.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Popcynical » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:26 pm

A lot of people are talking about the Dolphins like Parcells is going to be deciding the roster and calling the plays... I'm pretty sure the Head Coach does that and Miami already has one?
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk