Ronnie and Ricky to share? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ronnie and Ricky to share?

Postby GiantsFanNJ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:44 pm

I am embarrassed to say..I traded Ricky for roster filler... :-] ..in one of my dynasty leagues not long ago...

At the time I figured ..Nooo way he tops 500 total yrds.......if he gets more than that.,,depending on how much more.....it could turn into the worst trade Ive ever made.......

Thank God he was like 6/7 on my depth chart....if he wanst..I probably would not have traded him anyway...

Ohhhh well.......well see what happens....I am beginning to think though....He has a fair chance to make me look bad though.......lol
GiantsFanNJ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:41 pm

GiantsFanNJ wrote:I am embarrassed to say..I traded Ricky for roster filler... :-] ..in one of my dynasty leagues not long ago...

At the time I figured ..Nooo way he tops 500 total yrds.......if he gets more than that.,,depending on how much more.....it could turn into the worst trade Ive ever made.......

Thank God he was like 6/7 on my depth chart....if he wanst..I probably would not have traded him anyway...

Ohhhh well.......well see what happens....I am beginning to think though....He has a fair chance to make me look bad though.......lol

He could be a definite buy low from the right person right now. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ninremix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:57 am

Just traded Dominic Rhodes for Ricky Williams ... which works great because I have Ronnie Brown too
ninremix
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Brown heeds rehab warnings from fellow backs
Posted on Wed, Jul. 02, 2008
By BARRY JACKSON
bjackson@MiamiHerald.com

Among the most encouraging Dolphins stories has been the accelerated recovery of Ronnie Brown, who is optimistic he will be 100 percent by the start of the season. But other standout running backs who also tore their anterior cruciate knee ligament have been reaching out to Brown with cautionary advice.

''Don't rush,'' said Edgerrin James, who speaks often to Brown. ``You can't go out there expecting to be exactly the way you were in the beginning. Don't let the fact it's starting to feel good let you disregard [rehabilitation].''

Three-time NFL rushing leader Terrell Davis, an NFL Network analyst, also urges Brown to proceed slowly and said Ricky Williams should begin the season as the Dolphins' starter.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/590340.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:31 pm

Dolphins' Williams still stands out from teammates
Posted on Wed, Jul. 16, 2008
By ARMANDO SALGUERO
asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

Ricky Williams looked every bit the best player on the field the last time the Dolphins were together for one of their offseason practices. He ran with authority, he showed quickness, he never let himself shift out of top gear even in drills that didn't mean much.

Williams, with cartoon superhero muscles bulging out of his jersey sleeves, caught the eyes of anyone paying attention.

No wonder he was the only player Dolphins football czar Bill Parcells congratulated with a fist-bump as he was coming to the sideline after one workout.

''I have to say, watching him practice, I was very impressed with his quickness, his explosion, his effort,'' CBS television analyst Charley Casserly, the former general manager in Houston and Washington, said after watching Williams work.

``The guy jumped out at you watching him out there.''

con't...

rest of article: http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/607176.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby mikus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Time for Ronnie Brown owners to handcuff Ricky Williams? I am starting to think so. I guess camp will tell the tale, but all the coach speak makes it sound like Ricky is going to play a big role in the offense this year.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby petedog9 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Wether I have Ronnie Brown or not. I am targetting Ricky this year as a late round flier that could pay off big. I can expect to get him in the teens of my 10 man league. Well worth the selection at that point IMO....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:00 pm

petedog9 wrote:Wether I have Ronnie Brown or not. I am targetting Ricky this year as a late round flier that could pay off big. I can expect to get him in the teens of my 10 man league. Well worth the selection at that point IMO....

I've been wondering where he should go lately. Anything before round 8 to me seems too soon, but at the same time actually should outproduce players like DeAngelo Williams who typically go in the late 7th or early 8th. I think I'm just nervous about putting too much value on him based on a few good camp reports still. At the same time, he could easily be a steal at that spot in a 12 team league that is drafting now.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:06 pm

I would probably be trying to handcuff Ronnie Brown with Jalen Parmele more so then Ricky...Don't let the draft position fool you, Parcells takes backs very late with all intentions of using them like a 1st rounder, and we all know he wants to be a power running team, and they will heavily run the ball...If one of those two go down, Parmele will step up and remind some people of Michael Turner, plus he can be had alot later.

Ricky obviously has the talent, he could of been a HOF had he kept his head on straight and kept playing, so him looking talented out there isn't surprising at all, although I'd like to see him in a pre-season game first, see that he is healthy and can take a hit, everyone was so excited about him last year at the mid point and he returned for 3 carries.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:03 am

It would be one heck of a comeback for Ricky. I can see Parcels hoping that he will be a blend of Barber and Julie-speed to go outside but no afraid to run where the holes are with authority. He could be the SOD....'course it would help if he could put in a few more plays before he gets hurt.

Not sure where to try and draft him, but I would think somewhere after rnd 9 in most leagues. Cafe leagues are different 'cause so many know so much. And later, toward prime draft time, his value could be increased should he produce some in exhibition season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk