AOL Fantasy Leagues Will be Transferred to Fleaflicker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

AOL Fantasy Leagues Will be Transferred to Fleaflicker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: AOL Fantasy Leagues Will be Transferred to Fleaflicker

Postby aman74 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:has anyone been able to access their league info from last year yet? We're going to switch our leagues to ESPN this year and they're all keeper leagues, so we need the final roster info. We were on cbs sportsline for a few years, but got tired of paying the $150 fee per league so we tried AOL last year and were VERY disappointed.

Anyway, has anyone been able to access their '07 rosters from AOL?

Well, they certainly haven't made this seemless.

The poster above sounded like he created a new screenname on fleaflicker and just made sure his email was the same because he was told that would make the transfer go through ok.

Well, all I did today, was hit the link to fleaflicker from the AOL fantasy football homepage and then use the same screenname and password from AOL and my league info was there. However, there are random numbers and letters added to our teamname's, etc...It's a mess really. Anyone else notice this?

I can't believe they aren't giving clear directions from the AOL page on what to do. They make it sound as if you are supposed to create a new screenname and all that, but I don't think that's what you are supposed to do, although it may work that way as well.

I was all set to try fleaflicker since it was supposed to be a good free service, but if it's going to be this half-assed then forget it.
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rycher » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:18 pm

No luck. Good thing I screen printed all rosters from last year.
rycher
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:32 am

Little update - I logged onto fleaflicker.com using my AOL username and password and all 3 of my leagues that were on AOL last year are on fleaflicker now...I guess it's just a matter of time for the rest of the leagues to come over.

And lesson learned...I will be exporting the rosters to Excel at the end of the season to prevent this situation from coming up again...one and done with AOL for me, ESPN here I come.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dupree » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:54 pm

I for one feel bad for the folks that run FleaFlicker as AOL really set them up for failure on several fronts most noticeable by not notifying their existing customers that they were going to pull the rug out thereby making leagues unavailable for an undetermined amount of time.

This was then compounded by a severe lack of communication on the part of AOL and FF.COM regarding that status of the migration and how things were going to be handled in terms of getting access to old AOL teams in the FF environment.

Also it doesn't seem like AOL provided any assistance to the FF crew to try and get their offering up to the same level (re online auction drafts, fee tracking, the list goes on) and if they did they got started WAAAAAY to late to make this season comprable to last season for existing AOL users.

That being said I thought the site itself was/is great and highly customizable and I image that next season they will be one of the better sites out there. However, given the above issues and apparent lack of resources at FF this late in the game we have moved our league over to ESPN for the 2008 season.
dupree
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner