Denver RB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denver RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Denver RB's

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 20, 2008 11:37 am

As usual, the picture is clear as mud with rookie Ryan Torain returning from injury much sooner than expected and Travis Henry's status up in the air...

Henry's injury opens door
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 05/19/2008 11:21:49 PM MDT

Merely by showing up for the first day of offseason practice, Selvin Young and rookie Ryan Torain gained on Travis Henry in the competition for the No. 1 running back.

Henry didn't participate because of a hamstring injury suffered while running the 16th and final 100-yard sprint during conditioning last Friday. Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Henry will return next Tuesday, when passing camp resumes next week.

And when he does, Henry will be behind. After a fast start in 2007, when he led the league with 433 yards rushing through four games, Henry's season spiraled amid numerous injuries and off-field issues. He gave the Broncos just 258 yards rushing in their final 12 games.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9315607

and:

ETC.: Running back Travis Henry likely will miss the entire first week of passing camp after pulling a hamstring Friday. According to Shanahan, Henry was doing the last of 16 100-yard sprints when he was injured. Henry likely will be back May 27 at the earliest. In his absence, Selvin Young ascends to No. 1 status, backed up by Andre Hall

source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2 ... -recovery/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Denver RB's

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue May 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Fool me once Shanahan, shame on you.

Fool me twice Shanahan, shame on me.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue May 20, 2008 4:21 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Fool me once Shanahan, shame on you.

Fool me twice Shanahan, shame on me.

You have learned well, Luke.
How much longer before we hear of Torain climbing up draft boards? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby eagles21 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:23 pm

Translation: Continue to avoid Denver RB's.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue May 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Selvin Young was the real deal dude... GO WITH HIM!

<----- Owner of Selvin Young in a dynasty league.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Timbathia » Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 pm

eagles21 wrote:Translation: Continue to avoid Denver RB's.

Anyone who makes their FFL draft plans with any intention of playing a Denver running back in their starting lineup at any stage during the season is kidding themselves. The 4th RB spot on your roster is way too high for any of these guys.

If you get one on the WW during the season and they end up putting a few points for you as injury or bye week fill-ins, then fantastic, but drafting one with the thought that you can play them regularly is just plain silly.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Tue May 20, 2008 11:07 pm

Just save yourself the headache of even touching one of these guys.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Impact Analysis: Denver Broncos RB Ryan Torain
May 19, 2008
17:50:14
By Ben Rubin
Edited by Cory J. Bonini and Bryce McRae

The newest Denver Broncos late-round running back selection is Ryan Torain (foot), a fifth-round pick out of Arizona State. Torain played in only six games during his senior season, but Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan said that he thinks Torain has the ability of a first rounder. The Broncos hope Torain can improve a rush offense that was ninth in the NFL last year, averaging 122.3 yards per game.

Torain is expected to compete for a spot in a backfield that already seems to be pretty full. The general expectation is that running back Travis Henry (hamstring) will be the initial starter, with Selvin Young likely serving as his top backup and as a change-of-pace back. Keep in mind, however, that Shanahan could employ a running back-by-committee approach and utilize each back extensively. That is part of the joy when it comes to dealing with the Broncos backfield - you simply don't know what to expect. Torain likely will have to beat out tailback Andre Hall, and that seems like something he could certainly do if he remains healthy.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.kffl.com/article.php/90391/512
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby SLAMLLC » Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Selvin was very strong last year with the 4th highest ypc average in the league. He started some games and had some 16-20+ carry games. Yet Shanahan keeps poo-pooing this guy. I heard it like 3 times last year. He's not an every down back, He's too small. Whatever. Almost like Shanahan didn't even want him on the team in the first place. Yet the more carries he had in a game the more he produced. He even bulked up from what I heard and put on 10 lbs in the shoulders and legs this off season. He works extreemely hard to prove himself. He was by far their most productive back last year and only made like 300K. Henry made 9 mil and sucked. What a joke. This kid deserves a shot. Rumor is they might drop Henry, I don't blame them with 9 million for 4 TD Henry last season. They do need a veteran back if they do. Maybe they should look to roll with Young and torain this year and sign Kevin Jones to push these two young guys and compete for the job when he is 100%. Kevin Jones at 100% would be good in Denver. They could probably have all three play this year for under 1 million total. Lamont Jordan would be another guy I could see them with before the season begins if Oakland drops him. Then drop Henry. Jordan is the kind of runner they could use as a downhill type guy. Henry is too expensive for what they get even with his reworked deal and he is 30?
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bmor8811 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Just don't draft Denver RBs. Rule #34... right behind don't bring your girlfriend to the Draft Party...
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Next

Return to Football Talk