Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures

Moderator: Football Moderators

Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures

Postby SniperShot » Tue May 20, 2008 11:45 am

Anyone else gonna play this?

It's been years in the making now and I just picked it up today - the release day... I can't remember the last time I bought a game the day it came out. Going to be the next big mmorpg. I never really got into world of warcraft or many MMORPG's because I get bored with the constant repetition of everything. The battle style sounds really cool for Conan. Instead of clicking and waiting for a cooldown you actually have key combinations for battle- there are combo attacks and everything. So it's almost going to feel like a fighting game in battle. (At least this is what I've read...) I'm currently waiting for it to install, takes 30 gigs, by far the biggest game install I've ever done. If anyone else is gonna pick it up and play PM me so you hop onto the same server and we can go chopping barbarians heads off together. :-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures

Postby eagles21 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm

So have you played it yet Sniper? I'm curious as to how it all works and if it's good or not. :-?
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue May 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Ok after a few hours of play today I'm level 9.

First impressions, very very good. Voice acting is awesome and the story is sweet. Not a single really annoying quest yet and that's pretty good coming from someone like me who isn't a huge fan of this genre of game.

The fighting is pretty cool though in my opinion it could be better. It's still alot of pressing attacks and waiting for cooldowns (not a fan) but there are nifty combos you have to do in order to get full effect of your attack. I'm playing as a Dark Templar which is awesome, I have awesome melee combos. Graphics are pretty sweet. It'll take a little time for me to get into the meat and potatoes of the game (around Level 20 when PvP's and instances start kicking in) for me to get a good idea of how good the game will really be but so far so good.

I spent a whole 10 days playing WoW, so far I've got 9 to go with AoC to break that record...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Wed May 21, 2008 1:01 am

On their site, it said this game is going to come to the 360 in a while. Should be interesting.
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu May 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Level 21 now and I just made it to the major city... It's quite good still. The single player story was awesome.

I wish I could run this at full graphics though. Man I need a new computer...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Thu May 22, 2008 9:14 pm

is there a monthly subscription fee?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Sat May 24, 2008 11:05 pm

bagobonez wrote:is there a monthly subscription fee?
Yes. First month is free if you buy the game from any major retailer I believe. (Got mine from Best Buy and came with a month free)

Level 27 so far so good. I can tell you this game has held my interest longer than any MMO created so far... It must be the combat system that's got me hooked, I love the combos and fighting system in general. You actually have things to do during battle... Like setting defense and combo attacks. B-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:13 am

SniperShot wrote:
bagobonez wrote:is there a monthly subscription fee?
Yes. First month is free if you buy the game from any major retailer I believe. (Got mine from Best Buy and came with a month free)

Level 27 so far so good. I can tell you this game has held my interest longer than any MMO created so far... It must be the combat system that's got me hooked, I love the combos and fighting system in general. You actually have things to do during battle... Like setting defense and combo attacks. B-)

Now that you're getting hooked, prepare to be hooked for years :-b I still play WoW and have been since Day 1. I have been looking into AoC though and have heard a lot of good things. I did hear though that there were still some kinks that needed to be worked out for it to really be good. I'm not entirely sure I want to throw myself into another MMORPG world just yet... we'll see what people say once that "new game feel" wares off. Keep me posted on how it's working out, I may look into picking up a copy. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 am

RWLongy4 wrote:I still play WoW and have been since Day 1.

that game does scary things to people. :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Video Games