Just bought an Xbox 360! Woot! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Just bought an Xbox 360! Woot!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just bought an Xbox 360! Woot!

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Well all signs point to my xbox 360 being just fine, apparently it's the disc. Now the disc is nearly flawless, I don't think it's too scratched. I did some digging on forums last night and apparently thousands of people from all over the world are having the same "unreadable disc" error when they play GTA4. All of their other games/movies work just fine, and even though the GTA4 disc is immaculate and completely unscratched, they're getting unreadable disc errors.

Rockstar at first denied there being a problem and told the people it was simply their 360's that needed to be replaced, but apparently after thousands upon thousands of complaints, they have admitted that there is a "possible" problem and are workign on a solution.

Even Playstation 3 owners have experienced this issue, though to a lesser degree. Apparently Rockstar just made the game too demanding and it really taxes the DVD drives. I'm kind of scared to even put it in my xbox 360 now for fear of it somehow damaging my hardware. If I can't go more than 5 minutes without the game freezing up anyway, I might as well just leave it on the shelf until Rockstar comes up with something. Don't want to chance ruining my system.

Anyone else have this problem at all?

friend of mine had the same problem, he had to get it replaced, but the store he bought it from just replace it for him, no problem. I haven't had any problems at all though.

edit: I also lay my 360 flat because a buddy of mine said that he had a disc come off of the drive once and get all scratched up, although that seems like it would be really tough to do, I don't want to test it.

My disc got scratched while standing vertical, it was obviously the 360 that scratched it, becuase the shape of the scratch is the exact curve of the disc. Don't know how or why... but now I'm laying it flat.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just bought an Xbox 360! Woot!

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:19 pm

Well my NEW Gta4 disc froze up for the first time today. Pulled it out and it had 4 more "scratches" on it that are teh same shape as the curve of the disc. Somehow the 360 is doing that to the disc, i don't know how or why, but it is. Decided to rub the scratches with my t-shirt and they eventually went away, so I'm not entirely sure it's even a scratch, it might be a smudge or something....

Anyway... I'll try the disc again tonight and see if it still freezes up even after I wiped the "scratches/smudges" off of it. Still more headache than someone should have to tolerate. I really hope Rockstar releases a patch for this soon so I can play my d@mn game for more than 30 minutes at a time with my sphincter clinched tight just praying I don't get a "disc read error" pop up screen.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Video Games