Off Season Notes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Miami Dolphins

Off Season Notes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Off Season Notes

Postby VaderFin » Wed May 21, 2008 4:43 pm

So I'm gone for awhile and the Fins forum totally dies. Can't say last year had much to talk about.

But this year does! I'll post different off season news and nuggets as I see them and feel free to add your own!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Off Season Notes

Postby VaderFin » Wed May 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Coach Sparano was on Sirius NFL Network today and had this to say on Jason Taylor:

"What I know and I'm glad we know this," Sparano said. "We gotten the information and that's important. I know that Jason is not going to be at any OTAs [Organized Team Activities]. I know that Jason is not going to be at any minicamps. And I know right now Jason is not going to be at training camp.

"Jason is a player under contract with the Miami Dolphins. He knows that. Both parties are well aware of the information. That's all I'm going to say about it. I'm going to talk about our players now."

Definitely looks like it's time to move on with more Parcells guys. Honestly, I have no problem with this. While I've been a big JT fan for years it's time to bring in new blood who can hopefully help us win games for once.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed May 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Some notes from today's OTA:

John Beck took most of the snaps with the first team offense. Word has it that for now though he will swap first team snaps with McCown.

Ronnie Brown was on the field and working out. Hopefully a full recovery is on the way.

Yeremiah Bell was back and taking snaps with the first team D.

Justin Smiley is working at right guard.

Ricky Williams is there fully participating with the team. How long till Ricky disappoints us all this year?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Sat May 24, 2008 8:54 am

Dolphins 5 League 1

Matt Ryan is the only non Dolphin rookie signed so far. The Fins have signed 5 including Jake Long. Of course these signings are all the late rounders but still that is good stuff. The only players unsigned are Chad Henne, Phillip Merling, Kendall Langford and Shawn Murphy.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Fri May 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Fins sign 4th round pick Shawn Murphy! Huge news as Murphy will have a legitimate chance to start at guard this year and getting in on time is huge.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby boojumsnark25 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:48 pm

That's awesome...it's so good to see all these guys getting signed so early....definitely something thath hasn't happened in the past. Keep the updates comin vaderfin ;-D
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VaderFin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Upcoming mandatory mini camp is this Friday to Sunday...should be interesting.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:39 am

Michael Lehan hurt his knee and is questionable for the start of training camp. Not good news when the Fins secondary is as thin and shaky as it is.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:04 pm

Fins signed 3rd round pick Kendall Langford today. Only 2 guys left to sign. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Miami Dolphins