The Official Madden 09 Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

The Official Madden 09 Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Official Madden 09 Thread

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 25, 2008 5:20 pm

bagobonez wrote:
bmor8811 wrote:Don't expect too much outta the leagues. It's a good idea , but they will fall short in many different areas. I'm in a long-term die hard online league for Madden (over 14 seasons now...) and we have some connections so I'll expand on this once I get some sleep!

My two biggest complaints about what I've read on 09's online leagues are that 1) you can't do franchise, you can only do a single season at a time and 2) no CPU controlled teams are allowed.

So suppose you have 5 really close friends that want to do an online league but you don't want to include anyone else, but you DO want to have a 32 team league. You don't have the option of letting the CPU control the remaining teams. You're either going to have to find a lot more people to fill those teams, or you're going to have to shrink your league down to make it include less teams altogether. :-t

Wow, that's pretty lame. And it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add either.

See, this is what has pissed me off most about Madden the last few years. They leave stuff out not because it's too hard to do, but just because they overlook it. Stuff that's easy to do, but just doesn't get added.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun May 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Well I think they made it that way so that teams couldn't pad their record by playing obviously beatable CPU controlled teams. Still, it should have been an option, especially if if the humans play the same # of games against CPU controlled teams.

Still, it should be interesting and I'll definitely give it a try.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eagles21 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:12 pm

That would be so sweet if we had enough people to make a Cafe league. ;-D ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun May 25, 2008 8:26 pm

I hope they lower the ability of the Hail Mary pass.

Way too easy.

Carson Palmer+Chad Johnson+Tap B=End Zone (Let the computer auto catch)
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bmor8811 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:44 am

It's the Spec Catching that actually has to be toned down the most. Anyoe can do it, but rarely can someone that just does hailaries can complete a pass on me. Plus, it's CHEESE. Any straight sim guys that live for Madden (4 games per week expected) interested in joining a league that has 32 teams every season and is in its 14th season so far. PM me... B-)
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby bagobonez » Wed May 28, 2008 12:15 pm

bmor8811 wrote:It's the Spec Catching that actually has to be toned down the most. Anyoe can do it, but rarely can someone that just does hailaries can complete a pass on me. Plus, it's CHEESE. Any straight sim guys that live for Madden (4 games per week expected) interested in joining a league that has 32 teams every season and is in its 14th season so far. PM me... B-)

Yeah they said the spectacular catching will be toned down. That's really the only way I'll be interested in playing Madden online is if it's a simulation only, or play calling only league. There are way too many gimmicky plays that people exploit over and over.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sat May 31, 2008 11:04 am

Quarterback Ratings have been released...

http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1603/madden-09-quarterback-ratings/?tag=topslot;title;3&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Roethlisberger, Vince Young and Matt Leinart are a tad overrated IMHO. Also, Tom Brady's throwing power higher than Jamarcus Russell? I'd like to see Tom Brady throw the ball further or with more velocity than Russell.

As for all time greats, where's John Elway and Troy Aikman? Favre kinda got the shaft on awareness and throwing power.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bmor8811 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:46 pm

bagobonez wrote:Quarterback Ratings have been released...

http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1603/madden-09-quarterback-ratings/?tag=topslot;title;3&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Roethlisberger, Vince Young and Matt Leinart are a tad overrated IMHO. Also, Tom Brady's throwing power higher than Jamarcus Russell? I'd like to see Tom Brady throw the ball further or with more velocity than Russell.

As for all time greats, where's John Elway and Troy Aikman? Favre kinda got the shaft on awareness and throwing power.

Good find buddy.
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bmor8811 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:50 am

All the ratings for all players and teams have actually been released by PastaPadre... have to fish through the pics but they should be all there ;-D

http://www.pastapadre.com/2645/madden-0 ... ?nggpage=2
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games