Moderator: Football Moderators

Saints' WR's

Postby stomperrob » Fri May 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Posted on Fri, May. 23, 2008
Wide receiver roster looking like a crowd
Meachem hopes to prove last season was a fluke
By LARRY HOLDER
lholder@sunherald.com

METAIRIE, La. --Carrying six wide receivers on an NFL roster is the exception and not the norm. It leaves an interesting quandary for the New Orleans Saints to sort out.

Marques Colston and David Patten have cemented their spots with the team. Colston put up Pro Bowl numbers in his first two seasons in the league, while Patten proved to be the consistent veteran the Saints yearned for after letting Joe Horn go following the 2006 campaign.

The rest of the spots, which will likely be three instead of four like last season, will be up for grabs.

Devery Henderson, Terrance Copper and Lance Moore suited up for every game last season. Robert Meachem spent every gameday in sweats and never set foot on the field.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.sunherald.com/251/story/581030.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Saints' WR's

Postby Pjluva10 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Yes definetly a crowd. Ill tell you in deap leagues of 20+ roster spots I may take Meachem as a late round flyer. To me he has sleeper stink all over him.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

But it's a crowd of gross underachievers, save Colston. Henderson had the sleeper stench on him last season but refused to step up enough to own the #2 slot. Patten looked like a product of the Pats system. Copper and Moore, meh. Meachem has a great opportunity to shine.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:52 pm

i was high on the henderson bandwagon last season...and i was terribly wrong. its not like the guy didnt get a chance....he just couldnt catch anything. i saw the guy miss a number of easy balls. no wonder he didnt earn the spot. meachum i though would emerge as a beast...yeah that didnt happen either. add to that my thinking that colston would come back to earth and i pretty much sucked at predicting the saints wideouts last year. this year, the only guy on my radar is colston. :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Felix the Cat » Fri May 23, 2008 11:19 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i was high on the henderson bandwagon last season...and i was terribly wrong. its not like the guy didnt get a chance....he just couldnt catch anything. i saw the guy miss a number of easy balls. no wonder he didnt earn the spot. meachum i though would emerge as a beast...yeah that didnt happen either. add to that my thinking that colston would come back to earth and i pretty much sucked at predicting the saints wideouts last year. this year, the only guy on my radar is colston. :-b

Got it, I'll avoid Colston at all costs! :-b
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:11 am

Felix the Cat wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i was high on the henderson bandwagon last season...and i was terribly wrong. its not like the guy didnt get a chance....he just couldnt catch anything. i saw the guy miss a number of easy balls. no wonder he didnt earn the spot. meachum i though would emerge as a beast...yeah that didnt happen either. add to that my thinking that colston would come back to earth and i pretty much sucked at predicting the saints wideouts last year. this year, the only guy on my radar is colston. :-b

Got it, I'll avoid Colston at all costs! :-b

not a bad idea really :-B !+) :~(
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Sat May 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Henderson was horrible last year and has no hands. The knee injury Meachum suffered really set him back last year and the team was very cautious with him. Early reports are that Meachum is fully recovered and has looked very good so far this off season. Looks like he will have every opportunity to take the #2 WR spot in New Orleans behind Colston.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sun May 25, 2008 9:26 am

Colston started slow but then proved A. his rookie year was not an aberration and B. He could stay healthy all year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby killiansjmd » Sun May 25, 2008 10:38 pm

Devery Henderson-WR- Saints May. 25 - 9:46 am et

Devery Henderson is reportedly in danger of not making the Saints.

Henderson's continued his usual drops at OTAs, and with Robert Meachem coming on, there is stiff competition for the Saints' No. 3/deep threat job. With Adrian Arrington also impressing, Lance Moore's roster spot is tenuous
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Mon May 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Sleeper alert: Adrian Arrington.

If he can crack the starting lineup, which is possible as long as he can catch the ball, he could be a decent sleeper on a pass-happy offense.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Next

Return to Football Talk