Terry Glenn... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terry Glenn...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terry Glenn...

Postby stomperrob » Fri May 23, 2008 3:35 pm

...healthy and ready for another 1,000 yd season, or past his prime???

Dallas Cowboys counting on comeback route by Terry Glenn
11:39 AM CDT on Friday, May 23, 2008
By ALBERT BREER / The Dallas Morning News
abreer@dallasnews.com

Ask Jerry Jones about the premier playmaker he expected to pair with Terrell Owens this off-season. He'll smile.

He'll tell you it is Terry Glenn. Or, at least, it could be Terry Glenn.

Jones said Glenn, the veteran wide receiver who turns 34 in July, was healthy enough to participate in organized team activities with the rest of the Cowboys this week. He was held out because the team felt there wasn't much to gain by throwing him out there since he is already familiar with the offense, but his readiness has Jones and the rest of the team optimistic.

"I'm really encouraged by the way Terry Glenn is practicing, and his strength," Jones said. "In my mind, there isn't a player out there in a given game or looking at next year that could make a bigger impact to take some of the heat off of Terrell than Terry Glenn."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 18f05.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Terry Glenn...

Postby knapplc » Fri May 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Kind of makes the cynic in me wonder if they're not trying to trade Glenn. But then, who would trade for him?

At 34 with a decent history of injury, it's hard to be too enthusiastic about Glenn's chances for a healthy, productive season.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pjluva10 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:31 pm

You know I read another article about him this morning. The writer didnt make it sound quite as happy go lucky but similar none the less. Sure he played in the last couple of games last year, including the playoff loss, but I cant help but wonder about the knee. He had almost the whole year off and I would think that if it were all hunky dory hewould get in as much with Romo as possible.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Fri May 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Hard to tell that Jones is happy Tuna is out of Dallas, eh? The guy can't shut up about his opinion on players. Wonder how much Wade is liking this.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat May 24, 2008 10:53 pm

From what I read from dallascowboys.com writers is that most of them see Terry Glenn as a 50-50 chance to play. They expect him to be able to start the season, but they say that at any play at any time his knee (which is pure bone on bone) has a chance of just flat out giving out on him. He isn't even running routes in OTA's right now because of it. They say he was running routes, but they are limiting the routes he runs in order to protect the knee. So it doesn't look too promising that he will end up playing all season long, but if he is still as fast as they say he is running, then he will still add some much needed speed to the team.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:07 am

Bone on Bone is a tough thing. Not much you can do for it but stay off it. I've got some bone on bone going on in my knee from what I understand, they say every time I walk part of the bone chips, and the bone going into my knee is supposed to be rounded but is pretty flat. I can't imagine having to work like they do in the NFL. I mean, it won't effect his performance (I play hockey, I don't notice it while I play...just after or before) but I just can't see him making it a full season.

Question:
Why not just put him on PUP so he is healthy down the end stretch and the playoffs? I think they will be fine for just 6 (or 7?) games without him on the field.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun May 25, 2008 12:36 am

aaawall91 wrote:Bone on Bone is a tough thing. Not much you can do for it but stay off it. I've got some bone on bone going on in my knee from what I understand, they say every time I walk part of the bone chips, and the bone going into my knee is supposed to be rounded but is pretty flat. I can't imagine having to work like they do in the NFL. I mean, it won't effect his performance (I play hockey, I don't notice it while I play...just after or before) but I just can't see him making it a full season.

Question:
Why not just put him on PUP so he is healthy down the end stretch and the playoffs? I think they will be fine for just 6 (or 7?) games without him on the field.

I think it would be Terry Glenn's competitiveness as much as anything. I mean, he could have had surgery on the knee to fix the cartilage, but instead opted to have the cartilage removed so he would be there for the playoffs last season. This season I think he knows its his last shot at a superbowl and just wants to get out there and play and if he gets injured before the season's over, then that's the way it is.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:44 am

True true, once an athlete always an athlete and that's just a mind set, I guess if I were in his situation I couldn't sit out 6 weeks and watch if I knew I could play.
Will be interesting what Dallas does with their WRs come next year. I don't know much about their wrs outside of the top 3 (besides what was in the article). I'm thinking they have to draft a touted WR prospect next season with Glenn almost certainly gone and Owens aging?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun May 25, 2008 12:50 am

aaawall91 wrote:True true, once an athlete always an athlete and that's just a mind set, I guess if I were in his situation I couldn't sit out 6 weeks and watch if I knew I could play.
Will be interesting what Dallas does with their WRs come next year. I don't know much about their wrs outside of the top 3 (besides what was in the article). I'm thinking they have to draft a touted WR prospect next season with Glenn almost certainly gone and Owens aging?

Yeah, Glenn is in his last year, Owens isn't resigned to a long term deal, Crayton is a decent WR2 when you have a guy like Witten. Has the potential to be really good. They have Isaiah Stanbach who is a converted college QB they got last season. The team really, really loves him, but he had a lisfranc injury that held him out last season. They have Amoendela (sp?) they got from undreafted free agency, they have some other fliers that seem to be either really fast, or really good hands that have some other issues, (too small, etc.)

I think they have potential to have a few very good WR's if they have a couple of these guys pan out and step up this season.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:56 am

Its hard to see any guys panning out this year. Didn't the article cite how there was like basically no passes that went to guys outside of Owens, Crayton, Witten (and Glenn when he came back), I can't imagine they do something different this year.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk