Terry Glenn... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terry Glenn...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Terry Glenn...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:20 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Now it appears that Glenn wants to be released if the cowboys keep asking him to sign the waiver. This is an interesting battle between the Cowboys and Glenn. Cowboys oughta just give in at this point; I'm not sure they have the WR they need to win if Gleen leaves...

His knee is in BAD condition. I don't see him playing more than a few games if he does see the field. All the reports I see say that the knee won't pass an NFL physical and that every time he runs on it, there will be a chance it will give out on him and require reconstructive surgery. I think that his NFL days are probably over. If he plays again, it will be for the Cowboys this season and then that will be it I have to believe. It's a shame because I really like the guy too. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:26 am

I have followed this situation closely for some time...First off, its pretty silly for Glenn to act like he's "disrespected", funny he never brings up how he made 5 million dollars last season for playing a few snaps, I bet that wasn't unfair to him, now the team wants to protect himself and he throws a fit...This should tell everyone how healthy his knee really is, because had he signed and played, he would of made the same amount of money regardless, its not like he's not still sitting pretty from last year.

Also, I'll throw a name out everyone should get to know...Sam Hurd, he is only 23 years old and gotten consistently better each year for Dallas, last season he opened up the Giants game with a long TD score, guy has talent, Romo trust him, and he looks to be the lead guy to pick up the slack, Cowboy country has faith in Hurd...His name will come up in fantasy world I'm telling you right now, in a high powered offense you want to be familiar with the WR's anyway, and Hurd will fill in that role with some nice weeks and solid play.

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Now it appears that Glenn wants to be released if the cowboys keep asking him to sign the waiver. This is an interesting battle between the Cowboys and Glenn. Cowboys oughta just give in at this point; I'm not sure they have the WR they need to win if Gleen leaves...

Glenn wasn't apart of the offense and we were fine last year...In reality if we were that bad off we would of taken Devin Thomas at 28 or another WR option, but its not as bad as it seems to outsiders...Hurd is more then ready to step up on the outside and moving Crayton to slot...Austin and Stanback both have alot of potential that wouldn't of been matched by any WR in the middle rounds, Austin is 6'3 215 with 4.3 speed to stretch the defense, he just has that Roddy White syndrome he had in his 2nd year with the dropsies but he runs past everyone, its his 3rd season(the breakout year), so we are expecting improvements his way as well, most our guys are under 25 so we aren't quick to brush them aside...Another vet like Roy or Anquan would of been great, but we were fine without that other threat last year, I doubt how that would change much this year.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:06 am

I agree with LS2's assessment of the Cowboys WR sistuation for the most part. To start the season I would be surprised if Crayton isn't the #2 WR on the outside. However, Hurd has a ton of potential and everybody should definitely keep an eye on him this season. if he gets a decent number of looks in the preseason, then I would definitely consider picking him up if you have roster room. Miles Austin drops too many passes to be anything more than a #4 WR until he works that out. I am hoping he does, however, because other than that, his speed and route running is up there with the rest of them. Stanbach was the guy that they drafted and were so high on last year. He is a converted QB from college and spent the majoriy of last season coming back from a Lisfranc injury. His route running was atrocious, he looked lost on the field, he was having to have TO or Crayton tell him where to line up, etc., etc. the few times he was on the field. They said in preseason last year that would probably be the case because when he was drafted he didn't even know how a WR was supposed to stand at the line of scrimmage. That said, he is one of the fastest players on the team probably and has that big playmaking ability with the reckless running style. So I think the Cowboys WR's will be fine. They have a proven #1 in TO, a proven slot in Crayton and 3 other guys that have impressed the coaches enough they have either kept them through injuries or unproductive years. I see by season's end either Hurd or Austin starting and the others getting plenty of snaps in as well.

And oh yeah, Witten could be a WR2 on any team in the league as well. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:29 am

With Owens missing from this week's minicamp because of a family matter and Glenn not taking part in any on-field team workouts, Sam Hurd and Miles Austin practiced with the first-team offense.

While the stakes were much lower, coach Wade Phillips liked what he saw.

source: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 91619.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:48 pm

Update:

Dallas Cowboys, WR Glenn may address dispute
07:43 PM CDT on Monday, July 21, 2008
By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
cwatkins@dallasnews.com

IRVING – The summer-long soap opera starring Terry Glenn and the Cowboys could end soon.

On Monday, coach Wade Phillips said he's hopeful a peaceful resolution can occur by Friday, the day the team has its first training camp practice in Oxnard, Calif.

The Cowboys want the veteran receiver to sign an injury waiver that would give him $500,000 if he re-injures his right knee. The team has told him he can't practice with the team without the waiver.

But Glenn, coming off two surgeries to his right knee before last season, is scheduled to make $1.74 million this season. He said he doesn't want to sign the waiver because he deems it unfair.

Team officials have told Glenn and his agent, James Gould, that he will be released if he doesn't sign the waiver. Glenn told the team to release him, then backed off.

Now, with training camp approaching, it appears the sides will talk again this week in an attempt to solve their problems.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... d2eb6.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Previous

Return to Football Talk