My First Sig! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

My First Sig!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

My First Sig!

Postby Pats4four » Sun May 25, 2008 5:35 am

What do you guys think? I've used GIMP for this one so some of the fancy Photoshop effects may be missing. Any thoughts on improvements etc.? Thanks. ;-D
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My First Sig!

Postby Pats4four » Sun May 25, 2008 5:46 am

Hmmm, any ideas why I can't see my sig.?
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:48 am

looks like you just copy and pasted a link to the site. when you host your sig the code that comes up will be in a box that says "hotlink to forums"... will be a lot longer than that and say [URL] on the outsides.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:50 am

Pats4four wrote:Hmmm, any ideas why I can't see my sig.?

It's possible that you might have copied the wrong link from imageshack. After you upload the sig, scroll down to the last link and next to it should say "Direct Link to image". Then copy that and put "img" tags around it and your good. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Sun May 25, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks guys, everything's working and you can see the sig! Now I just need your expert opinion on my novice attempt.

P.S. Don't hold back on your comments! :-)
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun May 25, 2008 2:27 pm

some cool effects, but my first reaction is that the player blends too much into the background. you want the focus to be on the render of the player, so you need to separate a bit. the easiest way is to darken or lighten the background so that its not the same color as your player. the only other thing is the text. its just a bit on the boring side. play around with shadows beneath them...different colors...different fonts. all in all if this is your first sig you are doing amazing. my first ten sigs werent as good as this one. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Sun May 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Thanks for the advice Deluxe, will take it on board. This is my first sig but I've been messing about with Photoshop and GIMP for about two months. I'm studying art at school so we've got a couple of computers with CS2 on so I've been using that to create some artwork so I've had some practice but this is my first sig.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun May 25, 2008 11:53 pm

Pretty good first man. I would second everything that Dlux said. Also, the duplicated render effects really detract from the player. You really have a nice attempt, but with some work on the player blending not as much as well as text, I think that the rest will start to fall into place. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off