Far Cry 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Far Cry 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Far Cry 2

Postby bagobonez » Wed May 28, 2008 12:18 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34491.html

Graphics are probably the best looking of any game ever.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Far Cry 2

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:37 am

The CryEngine is a work of art. Explosions and foliage look absolutely amazing.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 pm

you can design your own maps in far cry 2. here's a vid of it. looks pretty sweet!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/farcry2/video/6196280/far-cry-2-interview-5?tag=;title;3
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 pm

if you're looking to get far cry 2 on the pc you can now pre order it through steam and receive the original for free. not a bad deal at all.gotta do it before the second of September though.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby SniperShot » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:18 pm

I got the original free when I order some memory last year for my laptop. Fell in love with the game, I'll defnintly be playing Far Cry 2, game should be amazing.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:47 pm

pre ordered it with gamestop so i'll get a free foldable map and 6 exclusive missions. can't freaking wait
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:39 pm

bagobonez wrote:pre ordered it with gamestop so i'll get a free foldable map and 6 exclusive missions. can't freaking wait

yeah i put my brick and mortar hatred aside and pre ordered it from there as well forgoing the steam version simply for the extra game content.i kinda lost interest in fps' for a while there since the second half of the first crysis sort of soured me to the whole genre but this looks like it will draw me back in. i can't wait to actually not have to kill an alien/super human/cyborg/creation etc .
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:35 pm

logan wrote:
bagobonez wrote:pre ordered it with gamestop so i'll get a free foldable map and 6 exclusive missions. can't freaking wait

yeah i put my brick and mortar hatred aside and pre ordered it from there as well forgoing the steam version simply for the extra game content.i kinda lost interest in fps' for a while there since the second half of the first crysis sort of soured me to the whole genre but this looks like it will draw me back in. i can't wait to actually not have to kill an alien/super human/cyborg/creation etc .

I thought Crysis pulled the alien thing off pretty well. I really dug that game although most people thought it was overrated. The biggest thing about Far Cry 2 that I'm excited about is the map editor. I've always wanted to make my own maps but lacked the technical know-how to do so. Apparently the built in map editor's pretty easy to figure out.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:57 am

bagobonez wrote:
logan wrote:

I thought Crysis pulled the alien thing off pretty well. I really dug that game although most people thought it was overrated. The biggest thing about Far Cry 2 that I'm excited about is the map editor. I've always wanted to make my own maps but lacked the technical know-how to do so. Apparently the built in map editor's pretty easy to figure out.

i enjoyed crysis as well but i thought the first half was much better then the second half. hiding and sneaking through the jungle and figuring out the most economical way of taking out an area was what made me enjoy the game so much. i just felt the second half turned into an arcade shooter almost and it became just another "save the world from alien X" type fps.

the map editor does look pretty good though.i tried making maps back in the day for RTCW and it was not easy at all but this looks pretty simple compared to that at least.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:01 pm

I preordered mine on steam. Sounds like I should have gone through gamestop... Oh well at least I saved 6 bucks with my preorder.

Can't wait for this.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games