Wipeout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Wipeout

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Wipeout

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:26 am

knapplc wrote:I missed it too! Where was the "heads up!" ????? :,-(

i actually thought about posting about it but then the wife got home and we um spent quality time together. So i missed them as well. Thank god for DVR.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:28 am

A lot of time first episodes of new shows get re-aired soon after their first airing...maybe these will be too? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:57 am

treat24 wrote:
knapplc wrote:I missed it too! Where was the "heads up!" ????? :,-(

i actually thought about posting about it but then the wife got home and we um spent quality time together. So i missed them as well. Thank god for DVR.

I don't get to use the big TV much anymore, so I forget to DVR stuff. The kid is always watching Noggin so I have to go upstairs to the little TV in the kitchen with no DVR, and then I always forget stuff. Me is woe. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 am

Big dad gets big TV. Little girl gets little TV. That's how it works. See how that goes over. :-D !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:20 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Big dad gets big TV. Little girl gets little TV. That's how it works. See how that goes over. :-D !+)

Lead Balloon comes to mind. No way that goes.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Big dad gets big TV. Little girl gets little TV. That's how it works. See how that goes over. :-D !+)

Goes over fine in my house. If it didn't they would just have to deal. However the only time I'm regularly watching TV is during football season and sunday for NASCAR. Anything else is hit or miss.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 pm

knapplc wrote:

Lead Balloon comes to mind. No way that goes.

Sounds like a parent that doesn't have control of his household :-) At minimum, sounds like you let your kid get away with too much stuff if you can't even approach that issue. :-)

Kidding (kind of), but seriously, that wouldn't fly with me. Would never have flown with my parents or my wife's parents. At best you should be sharing everything. If you can't set rules and boundaries, or even get the TV you want for certain shows... it's on you. Soft parenting... I'm just saying, how is it even possible that there is "no way that goes" that "Big dad gets big TV. Little girl gets little TV." You are the friggin' parent. Act like one, ya big pushover you. :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 pm

OK, you caught me. I exaggerated a bit to make a point. It's not like I'm not in control of my household, and my child. I watch TV in the kitchen mostly because I cook up there all the time, not because I "can't" on the downstairs TV. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:43 pm

knapplc wrote:OK, you caught me. I exaggerated a bit to make a point. It's not like I'm not in control of my household, and my child. I watch TV in the kitchen mostly because I cook up there all the time, not because I "can't" on the downstairs TV. ;-)

I wondered, that's kind of what I thought. You don't seem like you'd let your kid control a tv. :-)

I'm the same way. I use our 42 inch a lot more than the downstairs 55 inch. Wife is the opposite. The one downstairs is visible from all the dumbells, bench, elliptical, etc, etc... The 42 inch is visible from the kitchen. My workouts are like 15 min - 60 min each day. Wife's are 60 - 120 each day... so she uses that one a lot more. I guess I grew up in an "ours" kind of way. We just share all our stuff, don't really monopolize anything. If I had a kid, who knows... them things is needy I hear :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:49 pm

It's a little bit different with a kid in the house. :-D

But it's all worth it. Otherwise how would I get to be a "perfect parent?" ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk