Question about Xbox Live Gamer Achievements - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Question about Xbox Live Gamer Achievements

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about Xbox Live Gamer Achievements

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:18 am

Before I bought my Xbox 360, I set up an Xbox live account. When I got my 360 I started playing GTA4 and earned a few achievements but my 360 was not connected to the internet. When I finally did connect it to the net (to update the console to make it possible for backwards compatibility) it asked me to sign in to Xbox LIVE, so I chose the "Recover Gamertag" option so I could sign in using the account I had set up before I bought my 360.

So now anytime I want to log in, it gives me two options...

Sign in as Bobby Builder

OR

Sign in as Bobby Builder Xbox Live

now... all my achievements so far have been earned on the regular (non-live) account. Did I screw up and somehow actually create two separate accounts? Do I have to be signed on to Xbox Live for any of my achievements to show up to other users? Can I transfer the achievements I've already earned onto my "LIVE account" so that they show up to other users?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Question about Xbox Live Gamer Achievements

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:56 am

I honestly dont know why it is still offering the non-live tag to you. If you paid for an active gold account and you recovered your gamer tag when you created the account, you should be just fine. Your achievements should show up on the live account, but if for some reason things are messed up, I would recommend always logging in with that tag in the future. This is a bit weird, as Ive never heard of it, but I think you are in good shape still?

Hope this helps :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:46 am

WaCougMBS wrote:I honestly dont know why it is still offering the non-live tag to you. If you paid for an active gold account and you recovered your gamer tag when you created the account, you should be just fine. Your achievements should show up on the live account, but if for some reason things are messed up, I would recommend always logging in with that tag in the future. This is a bit weird, as Ive never heard of it, but I think you are in good shape still?

Hope this helps :-o

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I didn't pay for a Gold account, I just logged in using the free silver status or whatever. Also, when I'm earning these achievements, they're being earned under the "non-live" account. I don't sign in to my "live" account when I start to play because it requires you to be connected to the internet to do that, and the wife isn't going to be happy about me stringing a cat6 cable all the way across the living room, so I don't even mess with it. I figured if I'm not playing an online game, might as well not connect to LIVE.

Does anyone know if you have to be connected to LIVE to have your achievements show up to your online gamertag? Technically it would make sense that you would need to, otherwise how is the internet going to know what you've achieved, but does anyone know if there's a way to upload your achievements once you finally DO sign in to xbox live?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:02 pm

im a bit confused about the two different gamertags. not sure what you did there. maybe if you arent too far into the game you should just reformat the system and start over and only have one tag. :-?

as far as your achivement points...no one will see your achievements that you earn until you sign that account onto live. once you do that, everyone will see all those same achievements on your name until you sign on again . if you dont sign into live, it wont update automatically or anything beacuse you arent connected to the servers. so if you had 2 GTA achievements last time you went on live...and played the game til the end without signing back on...you would still be earning the achievements, but no one else would see them until you sign back into xbox live.

dont know if thats what you meant..but hey, i tried. :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:03 pm

I think I get what you're saying...

yes your achievements will automatically be uploaded once you sign in online, so you don't have to worry about being connected online at all times just for your achievements to register. You only have that one gamertag, correct? If so, it should be fine.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:24 pm

cardiac cats wrote:You only have that one gamertag, correct? If so, it should be fine.

Well, that's kind of what I'm unsure of. The gamertag name of "Bobby Builder" is exactly the same for both accounts, I have the same little avatar pic and everything, but one of them says "Bobby Builder - Xbox Live" and the other one just says "Bobby Builder."

I'm wondering if there's some way I can get on xbox.com and sign in under the "non-live" account and see if my achievements upload at that time... maybe I'll try that tonight.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:08 am

I got it figured out... just had to create a new Xbox Live account after signing in under the "non live" account.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games