Chad Just Crazy, not Stupid - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Just Crazy, not Stupid

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chad Just Crazy, not Stupid

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:04 pm

What a change in tune by this prima donna. Guess he needs that 3 mil this year more than proving his point. ;-7 I'm a little worried that his disruptive attitude/demeanor will overshadow his on field performance. :-o
2008 Killer Crossover League Champion
2009 Killer Crossover League Champion
RedHopeful
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Basketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Chad Just Crazy, not Stupid

Postby Leber » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Thought this was funny...
"Look how well I've done while talking every week and calling people out and making things so hard on me with all this attention," Johnson said. "I've been thinking a lot lately about what I could do if I just played and didn't talk. Things would be a whole lot easier on me. And think of the numbers I could put up. Then what would people say about me?"
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Based on the history of loudmouth attention whores who don't live up to their claims I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him make some empty reason/excuse for his words and show up at camp. Especially if it would end up costing him his cha-ching.

As discussed here. Nice how Lewis told him he could just sit, I'm sure knowing all along 85 wouldn't be content to do that.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:31 pm

<-----------not surprised. :-°
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:53 pm

As a Bengals fan, I'm not happy to see him back.

He hasn't been a good influence on the team and has bad mouthed the city, and lets face it right now (nor in the very near future) we aren't really in shape to win a championship, and can't see us winning one in the time chad is still around, lets move on, chad pursue your acting career like you told the Bengals staff :-t
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Hold on - he's changing his tune again...

Will Chad wear stripes in 2008? Receiver sends mixed messages
Magazine article says he's coming back; radio interview suggests he's keeping options open.
By Chick Ludwig
Staff Writer
Wednesday, June 04, 2008

con't....

But the comeback story took a twist during Johnson's interview on SIRIUS Satellite Radio when he claimed he may sit out after all since his trade demand fell through.

"My options are open," Johnson said. "I have so much going on off the field right now. Man, it's beautiful. It's a beautiful thing. God has really blessed me to be able to do other things. Football doesn't have to be my backbone. Football is my bread and butter, but with my success and with me being able to venture into other things, the possibility of not playing this year is really open. It really is."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/conten ... ngals.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:58 pm

What he is really saying is: "I'm broke, if I can get a gig making some dough then I'll do it, otherwise I have to play football because I have no other choice, cause I spend more money than I make at Uloho's"
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 am

Will Chad come out to play?
For Bengals, that's just one minicamp question
BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

The Bengals will open their mandatory full-squad minicamp today, and along with the question of whether disgruntled wide receiver Chad Johnson will show, there are plenty of other elements that could come into clearer focus by Saturday afternoon.

Almost everybody will be here, and the five practices - two today, two Friday and one Saturday morning - will be the last until the team gets on the field twice July 28 for the opening of training camp at Georgetown College.

A few key questions for this weekend:

1 Will he show or won't he?

Chances are Johnson won't attend any of the practices or meetings, which would subject him to fines up to $8,000. There has been no official word from the Bengals and no comment from the Johnson camp all week.

Johnson's absence could provide an opportunity for Marcus Maxwell, who has impressed so far in spring ball.

con't...

rest of article: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 806120379/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Stelly » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Assuming he ends up playing for the Bungles this year, can we still count on CJ as a WR1?

The last 2 seasons he's been VERY hit and miss on a week to week basis. 35 yards for 3 straight weeks, followed by 145 yds and 2 TDs the next, then back to 47 yards the next week.

Would you want CJ as a WR1?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)