Let's all Go Lynch Tiger Woods - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Let's all Go Lynch Tiger Woods

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Let's all Go Lynch Tiger Woods

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:53 am

josebach wrote:
mad hatter wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:i'm serious.
one canuck posts on here like this is the hockey board, like anyone cares about hockey. and makes a rally call for a lynch mob on a black athlete.

stay classy.

I'm pretty sure his reference was to the Golf Channel reporter that said Tiger should be lynched. Is Canucks racist? I have no idea, but in no way does the title of this thread prove anything one way or the other.

I think you know that too.

;-D

I see my friendliness bar has gone down. :-b

And here I thought I was making an interesting title. Next time I'll just make it "Tiger Woods doesn't like hockey".

I was just trying to create some conversation on the forum, and I could care less if someone thinks I'm racist since I'm not.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mad hatter » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 am

i didn't touch your friendliness meter. that thing is ridiculous enough as it is.
i knew you were joking.
i was joking with the racist comment.
i knew it was a reference to kelly tilghman.
i think her remark was fine as it was completely off the cuff and not an attention whore bit.
i think your thread title was in poor taste as it was premeditated, and you should have known better.
We must not confuse dissent from disloyalty. We will not walk in fear, one of another, we will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.

my words but a whisper -- your deafness a shout
i may make you feel -- but i can't make you think
mad hatter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: Constantly overstimulated, yet simulatneously underwhelmed.

Postby josebach » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:35 am

mad hatter wrote:i didn't touch your friendliness meter. that thing is ridiculous enough as it is.
i knew you were joking.
i think her remark was fine as it was completely off the cuff and not an attention whore bit.
i think your thread title was in poor taste as it was premeditated, and you should have known better.

mad hatter wrote:i'm serious.
one canuck posts on here like this is the hockey board, like anyone cares about hockey. and makes a rally call for a lynch mob on a black athlete.

stay classy.

:-?

It's things like this that are why we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things even though we share a lot of the same opinions. We both might not care whether or not we're widley accepted here, but I at least try my best to be fair when I stir the pot. I'm not sure that matters to you at all.

BTW, You don't need to respond to this post. I'm sure I know what you're thinking and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble by expressing it.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby mad hatter » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:39 am

josebach wrote:
mad hatter wrote:i didn't touch your friendliness meter. that thing is ridiculous enough as it is.
i knew you were joking.

mad hatter wrote:i'm serious.

stay classy.

:-?

It's things like this that are why we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things even though we share a lot of the same opinions. We both might not care whether or not we're widley accepted here, but I at least try my best to be fair when I stir the pot. I'm not sure that matters to you at all.

BTW, You don't need to respond to this post. I'm sure I know what you're thinking and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble by expressing it.

i was doing shtick. i have no problem with you.
We must not confuse dissent from disloyalty. We will not walk in fear, one of another, we will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.

mad hatter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Why do people have their pannies in a wad about this not being the hockey board?

I mean, this also isn't our Golf Sub Forum.
and For gods sake there's a 6 page hockey thread in the baseball cafe! Baseball is even in-season yet the one here got locked and sent away :-?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby knapplc » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:38 pm

It's not our fault that we have higher standards than those baseball kids. ;-)

Seriously, though - people tend to forget that the Cafe is a business. This particular business has four branches, and one of them is doing really poorly. It makes sense to encourage people to conduct hockey "business" in the hockey forum. By doing so, it may encourage people to join up, since an active forum is far more attractive to people than an empty forum. So that's why people are encouraged to take hockey talk to the hockey forum.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mad hatter » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Why do people have their pannies in a wad about this not being the hockey board?

and For gods sake there's a 6 page hockey thread in the baseball cafe! Baseball is even in-season yet the one here got locked and sent away :-?

pannies? really?

mad hatter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm

mad hatter wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Why do people have their pannies in a wad about this not being the hockey board?

pannies? really?

Personally I like my pannies in a wad....thats just how I roll.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby mad hatter » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Metroid wrote:
mad hatter wrote:

pannies? really?

Personally I like my pannies in a wad....thats just how I roll.

yes. wadded up on the floor next to the unopened condom wrapper.

mad hatter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:03 pm

mad hatter wrote:
Metroid wrote:
mad hatter wrote:Personally I like my pannies in a wad....thats just how I roll.

yes. wadded up on the floor next to the unopened condom wrapper.

What dude? I thought you used it! Not cool. :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk