Am I the only guy in a league that doesn't seem to trade. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I the only guy in a league that doesn't seem to trade.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I the only guy in a league that doesn't seem to trade.

Postby Challie » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:49 pm

I've got to tell you all how jealous I am reading everyone's posts where trades are discussed, and owners were able to give their team a complete makeover with trades.

My biggest league is a total dud -- suspicious and generally inactive owners who all fall in love with their players and won't make a move.

Aaarrggh!

Does anybody else have no-trade-league horror stories like me?
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:50 pm

Basically, mine never does blockbuster deals. Only minor one for one trades, TE for TE, K for K. It's really pathetic.

BUT last week 1 team traded Jeff Garcia for Trent Green!
HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!! :-t
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby veritasdefender » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:44 pm

well...i've got the exact oppossite going on...12 man league...and these guys willl trade a player away quick for a 1 week wonder...bunch of rookies....and i'm the only one in the league whos an actual rookie (first year playing FFL). Check out my roster....pretty freaking good for a 12 team league...you wouldnt believe who i traded to get some of these players...would make you wanna smack my fellow owners...LOL
QB Pennington
WR C Johnson
WR S Smith
RB A Green
RB S Davis
TE Shockey
WR/RB L Tomlinson
K Kasay
DEF Carolina

Bench
QB Plummer
WR Muhammed
TE Brady
RB Davenport, Foster
Def NYJ
12 Team League
veritasdefender
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby veritasdefender » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:46 pm

but i will tell you this...I got Tomlinson for Hines Ward....LOL, all it took was LT having a bad game and his owner was ready to trade...SUCKERS
veritasdefender
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:06 pm

I am in a league that is very aggrivating. Over half of the owners are newbies, so there are some really bad teams. A couple teams made really bad picks in the draft. There are some sane people in the league who will make fair offers, the other people have stupid opinions, stupid trade proposals, and stupid ideas for the league. It is very annoying trying to even talk to those guys.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:22 am

You pretty much just summed up every league I am in this year. I had an ongoing email conversation with a David Boston owner about a week after he had that big game. He swore Boston was the best #2 WR in the league and blah blah blah blah. Since then Boston hasn't done much and his team has lost about 3 straight. Glad I didn't trade for him now. :)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:38 am

I'm in 3 Yahoo leagues, but 2 are worthless. 1 league the commish ruined, another no trading is allowed since about 18 proposals have been vetoed, and a 3rd league for 'drunks' where every message must end with F@#$ YOU!
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:44 am

I posted on this same subject awhile ago, and I agree.....it's very frustrating. You know where your weak points are and what needs to be done to correct those deficiencies, but you can't get anyone to take the time to even look at your trade offers. I have had trade offers sit for a week without a yes or no.

The good news is that I finally made a trade! I was stunned! I traded Hambrick and Steve Smith for Fred Taylor.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 4Pack » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:49 am

Leagues like that suck. Bad new is...most public leagues are like that. I (auto drafted) both Plaxico and Ward and before the season even started I offered up either in a trade since I did not want both on my team. Did not get an offer then and won't now for Plaxico. I have a trade proposal in now that is offering Ward in a deal...the offer has sat their for 4 days so far.

I am 7-1 and in lst place....but I am realistic and realize that 2 of those wins came against "dead" teams/managers that never set their rosters. Grrrrr.....
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender_ffc » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:28 am

I'm a newbie and in a league with a bunch that have apparently been playing together awhile. I've had a couple of owners I've offered trades to tell me they don't even try to trade because nearly everything gets vetoed.

It's a fourteen team league, so running backs are very scarce. Some teams are starting third string backs. I posted a message offering Domanick Davis on the league board last week, and didn't get a single response. :-P
Ender_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk