Cocaine is our savior! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Cocaine is our savior!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:13 pm

knapplc wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
knapplc wrote:I would never joke about such a serious topic. O:-)


Just clarify for me Knapp.

Is the drugs or the boner the serious topic? We are choosing sides, need to know dude.

It's all serious, man. We're solving world crises today. First cocaine, then global warming, and after that we're going to fix those awful Oregon Ducks uniforms. But we have to work our way up to the Ducks' unis. Baby steps, you know. ;-)


Can you help out with all these damn feet that keep floating up to Canada man. People are becoming afraid of wearing sneakers.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby josebach » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:21 pm

bungle613 wrote:
josebach wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Quote.

"Show me one peron that went to prison (not jail) whose only infraction was being caught with a dime bag of weed"

Quote.

"There's that arguement I always see. There is nobody in our prison system that is there for a dime bag."

You are wrong.

Again read, have to go to prison a first time to get a 3rd strike.


Perhaps you're the one with a reading comprehension problem. Just because you have 3 strikes or 3 convictions, doesn't mean you went to prison 3 times. It means you've been convicted of a crime three times.

You're a fiery one aren't ya? :-b


Fair enough. I will rephrase and say convicted on 2 prior felonies regardless of what those felonies were. Felony petty theft, felony pot possesion etc...

Possession with intent to sell any amount of marijuana is a felony. Health and Safety Code 11359. California

It is now up to the interpretation of a police officer and then a judge as to whether it was personal use or not.


I'm pretty sure "less than a joint" would be considered personal use and wouldn't be considered a felony. Not only that, but Mr Schlosser doesn't exactly sound like an expert witness to me. :-b

The point is, generally speaking, people getting caught with personal amounts of weed usually get nothing more than a slap on the wrist in this country and that the prisons in fact are not full of pot smokers.

I do agree the amount of prisoners arrested for marijuana related crimes is pretty ridiculous. Of course that's why I purposely specified I was NOT talking about marijuana. I think we got off on some tangeant here because you kept insisting that in America it's common practice for people to go to prison for smoking weed. This is in no way accurate.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:36 pm

I got caught smoking weed and never went to prison. Actually it kinda bummed me out...I was really looking forward to shiving someone and getting a tear drop tattoo on my face. :,-(
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby josebach » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Metroid wrote:I got caught smoking weed and never went to prison. Actually it kinda bummed me out...I was really looking forward to shiving someone and getting a tear drop tattoo on my face. :,-(



Yeah, yeah... there's not one person here that doesn't know the real reason you want to go to prison so stop pretending.

The reason? H. S. M.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:46 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:I got caught smoking weed and never went to prison. Actually it kinda bummed me out...I was really looking forward to shiving someone and getting a tear drop tattoo on my face. :,-(



Yeah, yeah... there's not one person here that doesn't know the real reason you want to go to prison so stop pretending.

The reason? H. S. M.


Well maybe now the reason has changed but back in the day I just wanted to shank a cellie. :-b

BTW I think this is the longest a thread I've started has ever run. Pretty cool huh? Even though it has been hijacked beyond belief. :-B
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby josebach » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:I got caught smoking weed and never went to prison. Actually it kinda bummed me out...I was really looking forward to shiving someone and getting a tear drop tattoo on my face. :,-(



Yeah, yeah... there's not one person here that doesn't know the real reason you want to go to prison so stop pretending.

The reason? H. S. M.


Well maybe now the reason has changed but back in the day I just wanted to shank a cellie. :-b

BTW I think this is the longest a thread I've started has ever run. Pretty cool huh? Even though it has been hijacked beyond belief. :-B


And it didn't even turn religious. With a title like that, that's where my guess would have been.

H.S.M. = Hot Sweaty Mens :-b
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:54 pm

josebach wrote:And it didn't even turn religious. With a title like that, that's where my guess would have been.

H.S.M. = Hot Sweaty Mens :-b


Ohhhh thats what those letters mean. I'm gonna use em in the name for my new boat...the H.S.M. Sugar Buns. :-B
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Your laws in America are much more rigid in terms of all drug use. Canada, I believe in 2007, was downgraded in some rating system by the U.S. because we decriminalized pot.

Let me say this. A drug dealer convicted of selling large amounts of anything should go to prison. It is against the law, plain and simple. A kid taking a couple ounces to a party for him and his friends should not even though it is against the law. The eyes of the law do not always see the difference.

The legalization of illicit drugs may or may not work. Who knows, we never will as even if it is tried, it will be tried by a government so ill equipped to handle it it will be a disaster. All I have ever said is that you need to have an open mind. The way you presented an ABSOLUTE argument got people going. It is not an absolute, it is theory as it has never been tried. Legalization of heroin MAY not result in more addicts or more crime but I am essentially positive it will not result in anarchy as you have thrown out a couple of times.

I am arguing a possibility that if implemented properly, I would back. I am in no means for this if a government has its hands in it other than handing over cheques. The only way I can agree to back something is if I know what it invloves. I can say that I am not for the War on Drugs as it stands now.

I would like to see 1 state or province chosen, a person who has passion for saving addicts and has had success in the past chosen to implement a program based on legalization and control to see what would happen. No one is talking about going to 7-11 and getting smack. We are suggesting a controlled environment. If you choose to be a heroin addict then that is what you can be, you choose to listen to someone who wants to help you when you come to get your fix, then maybe there is one less addict.

Switzerland tried a free area several years ago, the problem was no one tried to help them really, they just wanted them off the streets. Some groups handed out fliers, talked to some people etc...but that was it. You allow a user to come get a fix for a nominal fee and I am convinced that the crime associated with addicts would drastically come down. Controlled dosages with quality heroin would eliminate overdoses. Administering the drug at a safe site would help eliminate the spread of HIV etc..

95% of the cost of drugs is what it costs to transport and along those lines, the supply and demand that results with a risky trasport system. You eliminate that cost, bring the cost of coke or heroin down by 90%, my assumption is that of 90% of users would take advantage of this. The other 10% too far gone in there addiction or too untrusting in general.

I've taken issue with certain things you have said and sometimes the way you presented them. At this point, I am not going to change your mind, your not going to change mine either, so be it. Just wanted you to perhaps have a little clearer idea of what I think legalization would mean.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Metroid wrote:I got caught smoking weed and never went to prison. Actually it kinda bummed me out...I was really looking forward to shiving someone and getting a tear drop tattoo on my face. :,-(


You mom catching you doesn't count. She was used to catching you "experimenting" by then.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Cocaine is our savior!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:30 pm

The one time the cops busted a bunch of us at a hotel party smoking weed we got a talking to and that's it.

But, I believe, the ones arguing with you in this thread have stated repeatedly that this discussion does not pertain to weed.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:42 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact