Severe Weather - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Severe Weather

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Severe Weather

Postby RiffRaff » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:43 am

mikus wrote:Global warming!!!

I wish. I turned my Air Conditioning on for the first time this year and it was only to get the humidity out; not really all that hot.

On average I would have used my AC about 15 times by June 5.

What is this Global Warming people speak of? :-?
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby treat24 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:51 am

RiffRaff wrote:
mikus wrote:Global warming!!!

I wish. I turned my Air Conditioning on for the first time this year and it was only to get the humidity out; not really all that hot.

On average I would have used my AC about 15 times by June 5.

What is this Global Warming people speak of? :-?

no kidding... MN has been about 10 degrees colder on average each day this year. Global Warming my arse.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:38 pm

we've had some pretty severe weather here in missouri, especially the southern parts (not by me), but we were supposed to get some serious storms this afternoon, possibly creating tornadoes. ick. :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:26 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:we've had some pretty severe weather here in missouri, especially the southern parts (not by me), but we were supposed to get some serious storms this afternoon, possibly creating tornadoes. ick. :-o

Welcome to the party! We've had several tornadoes in Nebraska, and four within 30 miles of my house, in the past week alone. It's been pretty crummy weather, and it's going to start up again this weekend. Today is BEAUTIFUL, with crisp, clean air and light clouds, very temperate, and maybe mid-70s for highs. But tomorrow and through the rest of the weekend, we're supposed to get more severe weather, with strong thunderstorms and the chance of hail/tornadoes that brings.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Recently it hasn't been bad except for 70 mph winds a few weeks ago with some rain and pea sized hail. However, I have seen about 5 tornadoes in my life and taken shelter more times than that. Twice I have seen softball size hail too. Tornadoes have gotten to where they don't really even scare me anymore. I guess that's Texas panhandle weather for you though. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Had over 2 inches of rain here just East of St Louis (on the Illinois side of the RIver) this afternoon. Tornado warnings three times. Exciting if you're a weather nut like me. Have only seen onbe tornado...APril 10th, 1978 in Wichita Falls, TX. BIggest dang thing I've ever seen..three tornados into one at its largest point!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:33 pm

It's 90's daytime in Indiana recently. Very wet and suddenly warm start to summer.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Feel bad for you guys living in areas with recent severe weather, but for me, its been crap the past couple days. The humidity is driving me nuts. I can deal with heat, but humidity is a b*tch. There's been plenty of severe thunderstorm warnings the past couple days too that amounted to nothing much. Tornado warnings today south-west of me though. The warnings kept interrupting the Belmont coverage, lol.

Oooh, looks like a tornado did touch down about 60 miles south of me. :-o
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080608/ap_ ... re_weather
Another tornado touched down 20 miles north. This one is only like 10 miles away from Halas Hall.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Finally, a nice day...sunny , hot, washed the car, painted the downstairs bath, grilled out, and had a beer at that horrible place known for its wings and "atmosphere"...ahhh who really gives a hoot! :-D
Last edited by Tyeattolah on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Heat wave here. Temperature is supposed to be 98 tomorrow. %-6
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk