Severe Weather - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Severe Weather

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Severe Weather

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:48 pm

It's sunny here in San Diego today. And yesterday. And tomorrow. And everyday...
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 am

Four inches of rain so far this morning and plenty more on the way. Flood city. :~(
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm

They're predicting crummy weather here this evening. As I check out the StormChasers website, there are ten crews located within about 70 miles of Lincoln right now, getting ready for this afternoon/evening's festivities.

Everybody around here hunker down. It could be a rough one.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 pm

oh yeah, decent sized storm over Nebraska. I like the show they do on Discovery with the StormChaser gang, interesting stuff now that they've taken a more scientific angle instead of the 'let's see how dangerous we can be for a thrill and a good shot' angle.

totals (so far, as there is plenty of thunder and more rain about to come) are 5.75 to 6.25 inches in about 5 hours this morning. I just hope we don't get the flipside and have a three month drought after this like last year.

Unrelated, I love the Veet waxing commercial. Those are some sexy legs on dem women :-L
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Way. Too. Hot.

when I left work my dash thermometer indicated 105 external temp. Heat index is 112. :~(
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Way. Too. Hot.

when I left work my dash thermometer indicated 105 external temp. Heat index is 112. :~(

Right, we're currently dealing with 96 with a heat index of 109, just walk outside and start sweating. Oh and my truck has no air conditioning. Yes.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 am

98 degrees at noon. :-t I keep telling myself that it beats the ice storm we had in February but that is starting not to work. It's days Like today. That make Fall sound like a good idea.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:56 pm

scottaa1 wrote:98 degrees at noon. :-t I keep telling myself that it beats the ice storm we had in February but that is starting not to work. It's days Like today. That make Fall sound like a good idea.

Much rather have our days like today than the middle of winter. Tomorrow is suppose to hit triple digits in Detroit ;-D ;-D ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:98 degrees at noon. :-t I keep telling myself that it beats the ice storm we had in February but that is starting not to work. It's days Like today. That make Fall sound like a good idea.

Much rather have our days like today than the middle of winter. Tomorrow is suppose to hit triple digits in Detroit ;-D ;-D ;-D

Really? I prefer winter. Bitter as it gets, you can always put on another sweatshirt or something. These hot days, there's no escape from the heat.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Calling for 118 with humidex here in Toronto tomorrow. Hottest I can recall in a long time.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk