Severe Weather - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Severe Weather

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Severe Weather

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:01 pm

eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Last night had really high winds, lots of rain and hail. Nothing too bad though. I wouldn't be complaining about the heat. We have already broken 100 including a 108 degree day already. %-6

:-* %-6

:-b

Actually, I'm curious, how is the humidity where you live? In the Philly area, we usually have up to 30-50% humidity which makes it really bad. I have talked to people that have said that even in Phoenix where it is 110, the humidity is low so it isn't as bad as you really think. How is it where you live joel? :-?

Recently the humidity has been up there, but normally its only 20-30%. So it is dry heat, but still. Oh well, in August it'll be over 100 every day pretty much here. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:05 pm

i prefer texas 100 to MN 75... and it's not close... We used to visit killeen a bunch, i didn't like the 100 degrees, but compared to MN where some days it feels like you are walking through rain drops on a clear day and you feel bogged down a lot... yeah... i don't know about AZ dry heat... With grandparents and friends there now I plan on visiting soon and every year.

edit: I actually have a picture of me in a hoodie... yes, a hoodie, when i was in texas in the summer. I could never do that in MN summer :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:11 pm

treat24 wrote:i prefer texas 100 to MN 75... and it's not close... We used to visit killeen a bunch, i didn't like the 100 degrees, but compared to MN where some days it feels like you are walking through rain drops on a clear day and you feel bogged down a lot... yeah... i don't know about AZ dry heat... With grandparents and friends there now I plan on visiting soon and every year.

edit: I actually have a picture of me in a hoodie... yes, a hoodie, when i was in texas in the summer. I could never do that in MN summer :)

I would take AZ's 110 over our 110. I just thought we were dry before I went to AZ. And I agree with you. 100 here is better than 80 in Houston for sure. :-t
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
treat24 wrote:i prefer texas 100 to MN 75... and it's not close... We used to visit killeen a bunch, i didn't like the 100 degrees, but compared to MN where some days it feels like you are walking through rain drops on a clear day and you feel bogged down a lot... yeah... i don't know about AZ dry heat... With grandparents and friends there now I plan on visiting soon and every year.

I would take AZ's 110 over our 110. I just thought we were dry before I went to AZ. And I agree with you. 100 here is better than 80 in Houston for sure. :-t

wow... it's that much different in state? I forget where you are but I always assumed dallas being a TSA...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 pm

treat24 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

wow... it's that much different in state? I forget where you are but I always assumed dallas being a TSA...

I am in Amarillo. Amarillo to Houston is 600 miles. From end to end of Texas is about the same as it would take me to drive to Minnesota. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:43 pm

hehe :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tyeattolah » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 pm

Yeah, St Louis area can be really humid...today wasn't so bad...but I don't think we got above 90 either. 60s tonight! ;-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Today here in North Jersey it was brutal. They gave us a half of day in school because it was ~100 degrees. Then about 15-25ish minutes ago as I was coming home from the mall with my friend the worst thunderstorm I've ever encountered happen. It was constant lightning from the Palisades Mall to my house. At one point on the highway the wind took my car and moved it half way into the lane besides me. It was wild. Thank god I got home safely ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:12 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Today here in North Jersey it was brutal. They gave us a half of day in school because it was ~100 degrees. Then about 15-25ish minutes ago as I was coming home from the mall with my friend the worst thunderstorm I've ever encountered happen. It was constant lightning from the Palisades Mall to my house. At one point on the highway the wind took my car and moved it half way into the lane besides me. It was wild. Thank god I got home safely ;-D

Screw the weather it's June 10 and you're still in school. :~(
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 pm

It was pouring rain here, it's so cold.