Severe Weather - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Severe Weather

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Severe Weather

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Freaking amazing photo...what I wouldn't give to get that close to one with a camera!

Hot and humid as the dickens down here in Texarkana...what a wonderfuol place for a business trip! :-P
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Just a little update from couple weeks ago when South Eastern Indiana/ South Western Ohio got hit bad. I said we had a tree split in half, turns out it was from a direct lightning blast. And my dad today was trying to get the branches cut off so they are off our roof (technically above the garage)...and was using a chain saw on a ladder and fell (technically the ladder like bent in half in a few different places)...because he was using a ladder he knew was broken. He is alright, we went to to the relatives tonight they gave me some good laughs at his expense. :-b ;-D I don't see these storms that are supposed to hit us.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:29 pm

So how's it looking for everybody this evening? Here we have tornado warnings in a few places around, but nothing really close to us.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:46 pm

we were supposed to have real bad storms yesterday but they didn't hit where I was at, hopefully this doesn't last too much longer.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 8)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:51 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:we were supposed to have real bad storms yesterday but they didn't hit where I was at, hopefully this doesn't last too much longer.

The norhtern half of INdiana got another storm last night, which I got to drive through for two hours. Lots of lightning and some cooly forebodding lines of low dark clouds.

Chicago got hit Sunday morning pretty good. A 20' branch fell out of a tree and landed a few feet from my car.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm

on a business trip out in south central PA...could use a storm for some excitement! :-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Severe Thunderstorm watch here. :-o :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 pm

We just got hit by a hard thunderstorm. Power flashed on and off a couple times, but everything turned out alright.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 75)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:41 pm

After skipping Spring, becoming a tropical rain forest for a while, and then proceeding to 90+ degree summer days, Indiana has finally settled down into 70's and sunny daytimes and 50's over night. Makes for a great change to open up the windows, air the house out, etc.

I feel very lucky that I wasn't personally hit by all the flooding in the Midwest. There are alot of people out there who lost alot/everything, including lives. (And I heard another story at work from someone who always crates their dog in the basement while they're at work, and wasn't able to get to their house that night due to flooding, and the dog, well, you know.)
Last edited by scottaa1 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 pm

I thought about going to help with some of the sandbagging today but decided against it. I'm young and able bodied but for some reason just didn't go. :-?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk