Good Fantasy Mag? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Good Fantasy Mag?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Good Fantasy Mag?

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I like magazines as more of a reminder of what the players did last year. Its good information to create a base for your knowledge. How the teams drafted and who changed teams. I don't put much faith in their rankings other than see where they have guys ranked. What I find is you are reminded of players who performed above expectations last year that help you develop your sleepers on draft day.

Then I keep updated here at the cafe and FF today to formulate my final opinion and draft sheet.

I do think you can easily get by with the internet because I know of guys that don't do an ounce of studying and have a solid team every year because they can print a cheat sheet on draft day. There is also a plethora of information available if you are willing to spend the time.

This is exactly the advice I was going to give, but I couldn't have said it any better myself ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mariners100 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 pm

I want to add my opinion... but the above posts are right on. Use this site... FantasyFootball Today, Rotoworld, and KFFL for info about players. A lot of sites will have pre-rankings and they will all be pretty similar... you are search for sleepers on all of those sites as well. Save your money and use the sites that you can....

One piece of advice... use multiple sources (mags, websites) for your final list. Good luck! :-D
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:18 pm

As far as magazines go, you can't beat Footballguys' magazine as far as really helpful info that will help you win your league. If you want more of an entertainment type of mag, go with ESPN's.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Captain » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Over the years, I've bought just about every magazine there is (ESPN's, Sporting News, Athlon, etc) and read through each one taking bits and pieces from each, coupled with some great sites, like FFToday, FFtoolbox, FFLiveWire to build my draft lists. The best one I've found so far is from http://www.footballdiehards.com. They've got a lot of really good information and it's well worth the read. I agree with what Bago said regarding ESPN's being a more entertainment type of magazine with not much else to it.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:34 pm

bagobonez wrote:As far as magazines go, you can't beat Footballguys' magazine as far as really helpful info that will help you win your league. If you want more of an entertainment type of mag, go with ESPN's.

Agreed - it has way more articles than any other magazine, lots of helpful tips and explanations for those just starting out or with only a few years experience - definitley recommend!
;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:25 pm

There is now a thread in Leftovers regarding magazines including a post by me examining several of the most popular ones:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=388632&p=2734031#p2734031
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby ninremix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 am

Magazines are fun to read in the crapper but for the most part by the time they are released the out of date and player have been traded, injured, replaced, etc. (ie: Besnon, Shocky, ...)

If i had to pick a magazine for the most content i would say Fantasy Football Index (6.99 and it is 3 times the size of any other magazine)

The best place for up to date information and opinions is FantasyFootballCafe.com , Footballguys.com hands down for best articles, player bios, and expectations.
ninremix
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum