Top 25 Ranking Sign Up Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Top 25 Ranking Sign Up Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 25 Ranking Sign Up Thread

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:57 am

VaderFin wrote:I don't even have Georgia in my Top 5. Canes are not in my Top 30 they have to earn their way into that.

I agree on the Canes, but Georgia not even in the top 5? If you don't want them at #1, or even #2 I can see that, but they had an incredible year last year and returned almost their entire team. :-°

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I don't even have Georgia in my Top 5. Canes are not in my Top 30 they have to earn their way into that.

I agree on the Canes, but Georgia not even in the top 5? If you don't want them at #1, or even #2 I can see that, but they had an incredible year last year and returned almost their entire team. :-°

Of course now they're gettin' hammered with injuries and arrests so my stock in them is starting to slide.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:05 pm

I didn't want to ride the easy train of everyone is picking Georgia, I must pick them too. I think they will be a good team and while they aren't in my Top 5 they are just outside it. I just happen to think they are a little overrated and only the third best team in the SEC.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:17 am

Sent mine. I'm still not crazy about preseason rankings. I think that's one thing the BCS gets right.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:34 pm

VaderFin wrote:I didn't want to ride the easy train of everyone is picking Georgia, I must pick them too. I think they will be a good team and while they aren't in my Top 5 they are just outside it. I just happen to think they are a little overrated and only the third best team in the SEC.

Well, you could always pick them because they're just really good rather than thinking you have to be riding a train to do it ;).

3rd best team in the SEC? Behind who? They handily beat several of the other SEC contenders at the end of last year and return more players (and more key players) than any of them.

If there were a college football playoff system, I have little doubt that they would be the defending national champs right now. And you have no idea how badly it pains me to say that.

It's just such a shame that the Rose Bowl copped out last year and didn't give us USC/UGA so we could've seen who the REAL best team in the country was.

Georgia would have beaten LSU at the end of last year by 15 points.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:57 am

jayday wrote:Sent mine. I'm still not crazy about preseason rankings. I think that's one thing the BCS gets right.

Trust me, I hate preseason rankings as much as the next guy. The reason I decided to do it here is that I believe the people who rank here are different than the writers doing the AP polls. I have found from last season that the guys that rank for us have no problem moving teams around after a loss. We are actualy quite fluid and do not stick to certain teams just because we liked them going into the season. For that reason I was comfortable doing if from the start.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:55 am

You'll just have to wait until our rankings come out to see who I have ahead of them. ;-) I am on record though as stating Georgia = Overrated.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:32 am

speaking of rankings coming out.

I didn't give a deadline earlier, but soon would be good to get the rankings. I would like to have some time to calculate them all and actually put up an article before the first week.

Also, each week the rankings will be due by Monday at noon following that weeks college games.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:43 pm

Dee, what was the email address you sent the email with the excel spreadsheet from (you can PM it to me if you want)? I think mine may have gotten caught by the spam filter.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jayday » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:22 am

Hey dee, did you get my e-mail? Just checking... Like I said, take it or leave it, just thought hat spreadsheet might help you since you can enter everyone's ranks on one file.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football