Sunday ticket - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sunday ticket

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sunday ticket

Postby t2green2 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Hey guys - how did the complaining go? What did you say? And what is a Sunday ticket "room?"

Just call up and tell them you want to cancel your Sunday Ticket auto-renewal. They'll transfer you to retentions and ask you why you want to cancel, just tell them something like "it's getting to expensive to justify to the wife, and I'd have to get Superfan too to make it worth my while which adds another $100", and they'll pretty much immediately offer you the deals. Waver even a bit, and you should get them all.

As for the Sunday Ticket room, it's just a room I set up with 3 TVs and 3 receivers so I can watch 3 games at once (or more likely 2 games and the redzone channel, or the game split on one, redzone on another, an a full game on the other) along with a mini-fridge.

Yep Tried this approach and they were very nice to me as the canceled my Sunday Ticket. I hope they will be more will to negotiate near the beginning of the season
t2green2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:36 am

t2green2 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Hey guys - how did the complaining go? What did you say? And what is a Sunday ticket "room?"

Just call up and tell them you want to cancel your Sunday Ticket auto-renewal. They'll transfer you to retentions and ask you why you want to cancel, just tell them something like "it's getting to expensive to justify to the wife, and I'd have to get Superfan too to make it worth my while which adds another $100", and they'll pretty much immediately offer you the deals. Waver even a bit, and you should get them all.

As for the Sunday Ticket room, it's just a room I set up with 3 TVs and 3 receivers so I can watch 3 games at once (or more likely 2 games and the redzone channel, or the game split on one, redzone on another, an a full game on the other) along with a mini-fridge.

Yep Tried this approach and they were very nice to me as the canceled my Sunday Ticket. I hope they will be more will to negotiate near the beginning of the season

You might have missed the "window." They probably can run a promotion like that until they get enough base subscribers. Don't worry - you didn't lose anything. You can always sign back up at the same price as last year. This was just to try to get people some help on a deal. Trust me - even though they canceled your Ticket, they will still take you back! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby justinj312 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:07 am

got my SF for free.

I threatened to cancel b/c it was costing too much money. I was then transferred to another person who then, after some price complaints, told me I could get superfan for free. I reluctantly accepted and then hung up. ;-D
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Eighty-Five » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:32 am

(I haven't read through every post here, but...)

I called on Wednesday to have the ST auto-renewal taken off my bill and they kept lowering the price. I ended up accepting it at half off the price I was set to renew at, so 149 total. It's a pretty good deal.

They gave it to me "free" last year about half-way through the season if I upped to the premium channel package. I took that.

I probably will cancel (sports bar with 8 games at once for early Sunday games is still the best money spent, IMO) before the first game, but yes, they will lower the price.
Eighty-Five
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Crazy what a little nagging will do. I just got my cable+internet cut from $135 to $69 a month.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:07 am

scottaa1 wrote:Crazy what a little nagging will do. I just got my cable+internet cut from $135 to $69 a month.

What company? What did you say?
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:22 am

Comcast. Yapped my way to the retention department, carried on about times are tight, need to make cuts, sorry to be such a pain, but what can we do. Repeat a few times, then throw in mention of Dish Network or Direct TV and ATT Uverse having such cheap sign up service.

They'd rather get seventy a month instead of zero.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby t2green2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 pm

Well it worked.....

For some reason their billing went ahead and put it on my account. I called to complain about my bill and they transfered me 3 times.

Long story short after complaining a little I got:

Super Fan for free
$15 off each of my payments

All total my Sunday ticket will cost me $180. Not exactly freen but its something. Direct TV gets some money out of me, I get to watch the Cowboys.........Everyone wins.

T
t2green2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Update:

Friend of mine gave me this heads up regarding a promotion for new Sunday Ticket customers that can potentially be had by existing customers. Friend actually went so far as to CANCEL his entire service and set up his termination date and he got a callback from the followup department who gave him this deal. You may need to CANCEL service to receive this deal.

Basically, you get the premier package (all movie channels)
Sunday Ticket
HD-DVR lease

for $59.99 a month for 5 months.

Friend ransom demands for bringing him back on as a customer were the above package, HD service free ($10 mth) and an additional HD-DVR free($199). He agreed to extend his contract for 2 years to get this stuff, but he got shot down for Super Fan. Made another call back to the regular retentions department and they threw in free Super Fan. This took him a total of 3 phone calls once he got the right method. 1st call to cancel service and set up future termination date. Second call to special department (they will call you after you cancel to see what went wrong) to get the new customer $59.99 package deal and the ransom demand of HD service free and 2nd HD-DVR free. Third call to get free Super Fan.

Obviously this is a difficult deal to come by, but I think even the new customer $59.99 deal is better than almost any existing customer will have considering that includes the package price. Might even be able to get the new customer deal by threatening to cancel rather than scheduling disconnect date, but I imagine it will be difficult as the rentention reps often times will not give in unless they are in a really good mood. I will be trying to get this package for myself as the best deal I was able to come by was free Superfan and $20x6 discount.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby joejlitz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:45 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Comcast. Yapped my way to the retention department, carried on about times are tight, need to make cuts, sorry to be such a pain, but what can we do. Repeat a few times, then throw in mention of Dish Network or Direct TV and ATT Uverse having such cheap sign up service.

They'd rather get seventy a month instead of zero.

Took it a step further and got $30 knocked off my monthly phone/internet bill from Charter. This recession rocks! :-B
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk