Sunday ticket - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sunday ticket

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sunday ticket

Postby petedog9 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:59 pm

ha ha ha .. Got y Direct TV bill handled as well... $120 off the ticket and FREE Superfan... $5 off my Starz /HBO and they threw in Showtime.... I don't bitch but rather kill them with kindness and Thank them for their efforts but I still need to trim that fat.. Make Freinds with them and small talk...LOL.. Got it done in 5 mins... I may call back and do it again in a few weeks when my next bill comes... :-D

I have a Football room as well... I have up to 6 tvs going as well.. I yank TVs out of our office and two bedrooms and with a couple hundred feet of Coax running down the stairs, I get 4 Satelite games and the two local games going at once.. It takes about an hour to setup and another to put back but its so worth it. There is always a play to watch... My wife thinks I am crazy and she is probably right but I tell her its my Sunday morning exercise.. I am sweating like a pig after I get done lugging all those tvs up and down the stairs and running all that cable... Tvs are as follows.. 61" HDTV in the room.. (2) 42" plasmas leaning up against the wall.. a 34" and (2) 27" consoles down on the floor.. Its Football Nirvana...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dhark » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 pm

petedog9 wrote:ha ha ha .. Got y Direct TV bill handled as well... $120 off the ticket and FREE Superfan... $5 off my Starz /HBO and they threw in Showtime.... I don't bitch but rather kill them with kindness and Thank them for their efforts but I still need to trim that fat.. Make Freinds with them and small talk...LOL.. Got it done in 5 mins... I may call back and do it again in a few weeks when my next bill comes... :-D

I have a Football room as well... I have up to 6 tvs going as well.. I yank TVs out of our office and two bedrooms and with a couple hundred feet of Coax running down the stairs, I get 4 Satelite games and the two local games going at once.. It takes about an hour to setup and another to put back but its so worth it. There is always a play to watch... My wife thinks I am crazy and she is probably right but I tell her its my Sunday morning exercise.. I am sweating like a pig after I get done lugging all those tvs up and down the stairs and running all that cable... Tvs are as follows.. 61" HDTV in the room.. (2) 42" plasmas leaning up against the wall.. a 34" and (2) 27" consoles down on the floor.. Its Football Nirvana...

Just got the same deal, took 5 minutes and they were very cooperative. By far the best deal they have given me yet. So many people pay the full price and don't argue. Thanks guys for the heads up.
Dhark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:33 pm

petedog9 wrote: Tvs are as follows.. 61" HDTV in the room.. (2) 42" plasmas leaning up against the wall.. a 34" and (2) 27" consoles down on the floor.. Its Football Nirvana...

8-o dang dude... slip me an invite... I'll bring the beer.

You got a 'puter in there with you as well?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby petedog9 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 pm

lol.... Hellz yeah......House is wired for wi-fi .. The Laptop is always on the edge of the couch.... ;-D

You bring the beer and you are invited.. Sundays are the best at my pad.. I like to get my eat on as well.. I usually have a full day of snacks planned like wings, nachos, home made chili, Brats, pizza, etc... You move from one snack to the next...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dhark » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:49 pm

I ride w/ a 61" HDTV and a projected 4ft x 8ft screen for the big parties. Sunday's are a good time, gets too crowded sometimes.
Dhark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:51 am

joejlitz wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Comcast. Yapped my way to the retention department, carried on about times are tight, need to make cuts, sorry to be such a pain, but what can we do. Repeat a few times, then throw in mention of Dish Network or Direct TV and ATT Uverse having such cheap sign up service.

They'd rather get seventy a month instead of zero.

Took it a step further and got $30 knocked off my monthly phone/internet bill from Charter. This recession rocks! :-B

Was paying $27.99 for Home Security Alarm from ADT and just got that knocked down to $25.99. Only $2 per month, but that's almost a 10% discount. Who else to call? :-? :-]
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Cancelled my Direct TV because I was out of contract. Resigned up as a new customer, here is the deal I got after 2 phone calls.

Premium package (all movie channels) + Sunday Ticket + Super Fan + Hd-DVR + 2 add'l receivers
59.99mth + free + 20mth + 10mth + 10mth = 99.99mth for 5 months

1st call to AAA referral hotline to sign up (needs first six digits of AAA, used friends membership #)
-$10 x 24mth - AAA referral
-$10 x 10mth - DirectTV referral (use friends acct #)
-$5 x 12mth - addt'l AAA referral (negoiated -asked for free Super Fan got this)
-$21 - free shipping and handling of equipment (negoiated - asked them to waive)
-----
2nd call to Direct TV, called asking for free SuperFan, lied said AAA made bogus promise
1st offer: -$5 x 12 mth
2nd offer: -$10 x 6 mth
3rd offer:
-$10 x 6mth - HDAccess fee
-$10 x 6mth - Sports pack discount
---
Final total
99.99mth - 45mth = $55mth for first 5 months
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm loyal to a fault - I hate Comcast, but I use them for phone internet, and cable.

I do want Sunday ticket badly for my Man Land (finished my basement this summer) - I'm curious - what would Direct TV cost JUST for Sunday Ticket - no other channels, no other package, strictly football? Strictly Sunday Ticket on 1 TV in the basement (52" Bravia btw)?
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby petedog9 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Not sure if you could just order the Ticket stand alone. I am curious though if you could. I can tell you that if your a comcast customer and switch to Direct TV, they will pay you to do so and hook you up pirce wise. with cheap ticket and free premium packages for six months......

Make sure you us the refer a freind and get an account number from somebody who has direct tv already. They will on top of their best offer, send you $100 and then send whomever you say referred you $100 as well.. Thats straight beer money right there... :-D Let me knwo if you need my account number... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Munboy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:41 am

petedog9 wrote:Not sure if you could just order the Ticket stand alone. I am curious though if you could. I can tell you that if your a comcast customer and switch to Direct TV, they will pay you to do so and hook you up pirce wise. with cheap ticket and free premium packages for six months......

Make sure you us the refer a freind and get an account number from somebody who has direct tv already. They will on top of their best offer, send you $100 and then send whomever you say referred you $100 as well.. Thats straight beer money right there... :-D Let me knwo if you need my account number... :-D

If I remember correctly, the Sunday Ticket is the only thing DirecTv will allow you to get as a stand alone...At least, it used to be when I worked for them several years back. They won't tell you though. You have to insist that the Sunday Ticket is the ONLY thing you want.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk