Sunday ticket - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sunday ticket

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sunday ticket

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Well, I just renewed my baseball subscription. When I asked for a discount, they said they couldn't discount the baseball package, but they could give me $5 off a month for 3 months on my DTV bill and another $5 off a month for Showtime for 6 months. That's $45 saved. Ka-ching!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Woodsy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Well, heres this years haul.... Give em' a call they will deal.

-$20 off the bill for 6 months
- Free sunday ticket to go
- Free HD for 2 years
- Free starz for 2 years.

Not to bad I thought !!

Oh by the way, Dish network is offering free HD service for life. Make sure you mention it ! I did...
Start- 1QB,2WR,2RB,1Flex,1K,1DEF
Standard Scoring, except bonus points for long plays and defense which is 10 pts for a TD, 3 pts for a sk, int or fum rec. 8 team keeper league
Woodsy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Direct is now pimping this for free. I would guess in the face of possibly no season, people weren't subscribing, and they figure they can maybe use it to get people to sign contracts and possibly never benefit from it :-?

I've been looking to fire comcast. If there's a season to be watched I may just have to hang a dish off the roof and switch over.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby thebigsmooth » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Do you know if it is just for new subscribers or for everyone?

I currently have no cable or satellite and my dad does have DirectTv. If this is for all I will hit up some games at his house
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Chris Collinsworth was doing the voice over so I shut alot of it out. But according to their website, it is w/ 24- month agreement, which implies either new customers, or customers who are month to month willling to re-sign, or customers with a cheaper package willing to upgrade and sign a new contract. Just guesses. I'm sure there are lots of 'details.'
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:21 am

Yeah some of these contracts with TV and cel phones and all of that you almost need a law degree to figure it all out. I may have to think about this. My wife and I got rid of DISH about 3 years ago and haven't really missed it. We still have all the major networks and the only channels we really miss are ESPN, FSN, Food network, and Discovery. And of course the DVR more than anything.

I hear you about Chris Collinsworth. He bugs me almost as much as Bill Walton did back in the day.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 am

Fellas - DTV gives discounts on this on an annual basis. Without looking back to see if this is the same thread, I will let you know, I have only paid half price for the Ticket in each of the last two years. Plus, I got it for free this season.

Unless you really need your local cable company to watch a channel not available on DTV or your local cable company is super cheap, now is the time to jump ship.

I finally upgraded to HD for this season with a 55" LED and Bose surround sound, so I am ready! And the HD DVR from DTV shows great quality.

I think there might be a 2 year subscription requirement for new customers, though.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am

If you have been a subscriber for a while. Call themup and say "LOYALTY DEPARTMENT PLEASE".... Then go to work.. ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Just to bump this back up top as alot of people will be making this decision in the next few weeks..

Also get to show you guys what my Sunday looks like. The big one is a 10 foot screen. The two to the right are 42" HDs and then the handheld on the ipad.... I celebrated the signing of the new CBA by buying a new 50" HD from Costco to add to the mix .. :-D I can bring down 1 or two more TVS from upstairs but I it's hard to watch more then 4 games at once.

Is it Sunday yet???

petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:55 am

petedog9 wrote:Just to bump this back up top as alot of people will be making this decision in the next few weeks..

Also get to show you guys what my Sunday looks like. The big one is a 10 foot screen. The two to the right are 42" HDs and then the handheld on the ipad.... I celebrated the signing of the new CBA by buying a new 50" HD from Costco to add to the mix .. :-D I can bring down 1 or two more TVS from upstairs but I it's hard to watch more then 4 games at once.

Is it Sunday yet???

So...jealous. :-L
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Football Talk