OTAs MIAs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

OTAs MIAs

Moderator: Football Moderators

OTAs MIAs

Postby moochman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:25 am

Lookie who the prominant players who chose not to attend the OTAs (orgnaized team activities)are: none other than Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Tatum Bell. Or the thrust of your offence.
Though little is heard about the lowly Lions due to the RedWings Cup success. (Congratz guyz ;-D ;-D ;-D ) I think it may be a little ominous that the human first down marker in his last year of his contract opts not to show up. Is Roy simply sticking around Texas to see how life will be next year in Dallas? Or is he just pissed about the turn the O scheme has taken, de-emphasizing the pass in favor of a grind it out 3-yds and a cloud of punts style? Or maybe he just doesn't care about NimRod's OTAs.
Calvin missing is disturbing becuase he has only known the complex Martz system and should be there to pick up the new system. Could be a sign of a lack of professionalism, or laziness on his part. Or just a sign of how unenthused he is about the new O.
Tatum Bell not being there is another stage in the weirdness that is T Bell. He says he is the best RB in camp last season but never appeared to be ready to take advantage of any chances he got. Now this season there is less competition and his response is to not show up. Legend in his own mind, he is.

Seems at best a slow start for a brand new offence on a struggling franchise. Could it be that NimRod has lost these players? If so, expect his job to be the next thing he loses.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: OTAs MIAs

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:50 am

That is very disturbing that 3 guys from the offense that should be the crux of your team are not in attendence. I haven't looked back at other years for those that missed OTAs, I'm sure that there have been some high profile guys(at least Lions high profile :-P ) This is just the thing that drives me nuts. Guys that can make a difference and end up kings in this town if they even make the playoffs, yet they show no desire to want to succeed here....or even be here.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:49 pm

As bad as it is, I can somewhat understand Roy's reasoning, and well, T Bell.... does it matter?? He's a different kinda guy. But it disturbs me to see Calvin not there. He should be young and hungry to prove himself. I hope there's a good reason..
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:07 pm

detnews.com wrote:Johnson, a regular in the offseason program which began March 17, missed some recent practices because of what he called "a family issue."

Johnson went home to Atlanta, where his father, Calvin Sr., underwent heart surgery.

"He's doing fine now," said Calvin, back at workouts Tuesday.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Detroit Lions